Go Back   The Lift & Carry Forums > Miscellaneous > General Discussion

Old March 17th, 2012, 06:03   #1
TheWolfe
VIPOS

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
0 For This Post
2,743 Total
Default Is lifting always domination?

Several people over the years have commented to me on L&C forums that to lift someone is to dominate them. I'm not sure I completely agree with that statement but after pondering it I have to admit they do have a point. When a lifter lifts a liftee, the liftee's body - their entire being - is placed in the possession and care of the lifter. At the very least, there is some amount of submission on the liftee's part to allow this, right?

On the other hand, if a liftee convinces someone who is not inclined to lift people to give them a lift, isn't the liftee dominating the lifter by making the lifter take possession and care of the liftee's entire being, not to mention making the lifter exert strength?

Keep in mind that while "domination" and "submission" make people think of BDSM, it can also be much more subtle and perceived subconsciously without either party actually intending to dominate or submit.

With all the liftees and lifters on this forum, there should be some interesting opinions on this. Please take note that this question is asked about the act of one human lifting another human regardless of either participant's gender. I expect you to follow my lead and give gender-neutral answers.
Old March 17th, 2012, 15:03   #2
ljakse
VIP

0 For This Post
469 Total

No.
Old March 17th, 2012, 18:12   #3
phoneman
Administrator

0 For This Post
3,073 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljakse View Post
No.
I agree completely. No.
Old March 17th, 2012, 21:18   #4
Chaza
VIP Honored

0 For This Post
614 Total

The act of lift and carry I do not see as domination.

However if I personally was physically out-powered and pressed over someones head and taunted then I think that would class as part-domination.

So i guess it depends on what type of "lift and carry" that is in question. I certainly prefer the "non-domination" type; though this is just me.
Old March 19th, 2012, 02:40   #5
ramonra
VIP

1 For This Post
166 Total

To me it's absolutely non domination. It's playful between two adults, a "game" that to us has also a sexual connotation, but just that.
If any, I would be inclined to think of the liftee as the one who dominates, but still to me there is no domination involved.

===================
vk wrote 05 01 2019:

I think that a guy who wants domination plus riding on the girl has two fetishes, not one.
I can perform L&C without explicit domination.
However if I a am taller than the girl, I will not "regret" that I am a little bit heavy for her.

BTW, muggles are smart to take videos.
My best l&c like video is in Shanghai.
There is a flood.
A girl carries her on the back.
Playing a game ?
Not exacly.
The guy must go to his office and being clean.
So the girl must carry the guy on her back in order to secure his job even if there is a flood.

Hovever, the answer depends on the position of the persons.
Piggyback could bring some domination but shoulder or the others may be neutral.
Who Said Thanks:
vk (May 17th, 2019)
Old March 19th, 2012, 07:27   #6
gela
STANDARD

0 For This Post
3 Total

Sadly not. I personally find L&C that doesn't have the "domination" aspect to it very boring. I mean stuff like acrobatics etc.
Old March 19th, 2012, 08:06   #7
goneju

0 For This Post
0 Total

Lift and carry can be with domination and without domination also. It consists of both. But more often what you see in daily life is Non Domination part. Like someone giving a piggyback in a park, wife lifting the husband for fun, two sisters lifting each other for fun etc etc.. This is all non dominant ones.

It depends on different individuals on what they like. I personally like Non Dominant lift and carry.

Old March 19th, 2012, 16:42   #8
Mark G
STANDARD

0 For This Post
67 Total

Good question ! A female friend of mine once lifted me high off my feet,without being prompted. She said "I've always wanted to do that...you'r e so skinny and light" !

Could that be interpreted as 'playful domination' ?
Old March 19th, 2012, 19:32   #9
TheWolfe
VIPOS

0 For This Post
2,743 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark G View Post
Good question ! A female friend of mine once lifted me high off my feet,without being prompted. She said "I've always wanted to do that...you'r e so skinny and light" !

Could that be interpreted as 'playful domination' ?
I think that's a great example of what I'm talking about. It's not domination like chaining you to the bed and whipping you; just a playful display of her power over you.

The flip side might be if you suddenly decided to jump on her back, playfully forcing her to piggyback you. Aren't you, as a liftee, dominating her in a scenario like that?
Old March 20th, 2012, 05:29   #10
themasterkavar
VIP Honored

0 For This Post
1,041 Total

That would depend on what the meaning of the word "is" is.

But in all seriousness, it depends on how you want to define domination. A wife gives her husband a piggyback ride for fun. It was fun for her because she enjoyed either displaying her strength, surprising her husband with her strength, or to provide him/her with some level of entertainment. I would argue that there is some underlying level of desire behind this lift, but I would not necessarily call it domination.