Old May 26th, 2010, 00:20   #31
rflcblue
Producer

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
0 For This Post
874 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by dendrin View Post
I agree with dp. Basically, you can fight technology only to a point. As I said before, pretty sure illegal distribution was not the problem. I bet you would be successful on your next try with a little better advertising, cost cutting, and better luck on your market timing (avoiding recessions )
I am able to relate to your points and thanks for these encouraging words. I feel like I have arrived at this forum. In Germany it?s 2:00 o?clock in the night and I should better sleep, but one thing I still can say, I belief, I unfortunately don?t like advertising... .
Old May 26th, 2010, 19:43   #32
tragmich
Administrator

0 For This Post
9,054 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leobor View Post
I have to say something. I ordered 2 clips from chloecreations, and I was very satisfied. BUT, I payed them 55 USD each (110 together) and then I saw (for my big surprice) that those site is selling those clips for 3 USD each.

Is that all right for a custumer? I think not, as it looks like I made myself an idiot. The only thing I should do is wait for a custum clip for someone to order and then pay it 3 dollars I guess.
Leobor
It has always been like this. Go back 20 years in time and a 40 minutes custom vhs tape with 2 girls would cost USD 350. 15 years ago a 2 girl tape would cost USD 450. Any additional girl would raise the price with USD 150. Two years after the making of each custom tape, the tape could be selled by the producer to the public for about 50-60 dollars. This was the standard contract and you had to accept it, if you wanted a lift and carry tape.

Look at it this way. If you hadn?t ordered the clips, they would never have been made.
Old May 26th, 2010, 19:45   #33
tragmich
Administrator

0 For This Post
9,054 Total

Rflcblue
Thank you very much for your long description. Is there any chance of you ever making any custom tapes in the future? You had some very pretty girls working for you!
Old May 26th, 2010, 22:42   #34
filmguy
STANDARD

0 For This Post
57 Total

Quote:
Just to make myself clear - I posted those here in VIP sections and I was glad I did it. But I did that for this forum, no one else. And now, every guy who has 3 dollars can take that same video... It just has no sense! They could at least give me some percentage of this 3 dollars custumers (as script and girls was my pick).

I wanted to do one more, but now I am a little bit frustrated. Why should I anyway?
It seems like custom videos are what keeps this company in business, much more than the $3 clips4sale clips do.

The sense of it is that if nobody was buying customs, there would be no content. I'm sure most of the custom money goes towards paying models, which they probably couldn't do just on their own. If they didn't turn around and sell "your" video clips, where are they gonna get content from? I'm sure they made zero profit off of you, and are breaking even with the money they make from selling the clips.
Old May 27th, 2010, 16:52   #35
rflcblue
Producer

0 For This Post
874 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragmich View Post
Rflcblue
Thank you very much for your long description. Is there any chance of you ever making any custom tapes in the future? You had some very pretty girls working for you!
Yes, it was a longer post, ...many people won?t read it. I had to laugh, when I saw the first coment of Daniel: "...stop talking and produce!!!"

As to custom-videos. I had a few requests, but did not want it yet. I exclude naked lift and carry. But I would be interested to exchange some thoughts with you (via e-mail, for instance my website e-mail, if you like also in German language?...)
Old May 27th, 2010, 18:26   #36
rflcblue
Producer

0 For This Post
874 Total

Quote:
Just to make myself clear - I posted those here in VIP sections and I was glad I did it. But I did that for this forum, no one else. And now, every guy who has 3 dollars can take that same video... It just has no sense! They could at least give me some percentage of this 3 dollars custumers (as script and girls was my pick).

I wanted to do one more, but now I am a little bit frustrated. Why should I anyway?
When I think about your problem:
for $ 3.00 everybody can decide to order that video. He must take, what he gets. But noone else than YOU has decided, what exactly is on the video and if they have done well you probably have the greatest pleasure of it. I began to shoot my own videos, because I did not find enough of what I exactly liked. Later I got the idea of an own website. When I am frustrated, that I lost a lot of money and time, I tell myself that I at least have done exactly what I wanted to do. And I ask you, what is this worth? ...and what is it worth counting dollars? So you are probably rather straight than beeing an idiot.
Old May 27th, 2010, 20:02   #37
Daniel
VIP

0 For This Post
624 Total

Ich habe deine adresse aber deine mail nix funktioniert.
Old May 28th, 2010, 10:56   #38
rflcblue
Producer

0 For This Post
874 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
Ich habe deine adresse aber deine mail nix funktioniert.
Die Mail-Adresse m?sste funktionieren, ich habe einen test gemacht; aber ich habe ein Auge darauf.
The mail-adress should work, I have tested it; but I`ll keep an eye on it.
Old May 28th, 2010, 13:50   #39
Daniel
VIP

0 For This Post
624 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by rflcblue View Post
Die Mail-Adresse m?sste funktionieren, ich habe einen test gemacht; aber ich habe ein Auge darauf.
The mail-adress should work, I have tested it; but I`ll keep an eye on it.
OK -probieren!
Old May 31st, 2010, 18:19   #40
tragmich
Administrator

0 For This Post
9,054 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by rflcblue View Post
But I would be interested to exchange some thoughts with you (via e-mail, for instance my website e-mail, if you like also in German language?...)
Ok. I?ll contact you later. I have a hectic time at work right now, but I hope to find more free time later in June.