Go Back   The Lift & Carry Forums > Miscellaneous > General Discussion

Old January 12th, 2018, 19:56   #1
5supermb
VIPOS

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
0 For This Post
5,311 Total
Default Are all photos saved?

This forum is almost 10 years old and in that time i'm sure tens of thousands of photos have been posted here. Many of the older photos are not available to view anymore assuming that the image hosting sites such as imgbox and imagebam only host the pictures for a certain amount of time before deleting them.

My question to admins is are all of the photos posted here saved somewhere in case we lose them?? It would be a real shame if these photos were lost forever.
Old January 12th, 2018, 21:35   #2
phoneman
Administrator

0 For This Post
3,073 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5supermb View Post
This forum is almost 10 years old and in that time i'm sure tens of thousands of photos have been posted here. Many of the older photos are not available to view anymore assuming that the image hosting sites such as imgbox and imagebam only host the pictures for a certain amount of time before deleting them.

My question to admins is are all of the photos posted here saved somewhere in case we lose them?? It would be a real shame if these photos were lost forever.
They are not saved unless individual members have saved them. I would imagine that no one has even tried to save all - or even most - of the photos.
Old January 13th, 2018, 00:43   #3
dp
Administrator
The VIP Gatekeeper

1 For This Post
5,383 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoneman View Post
They are not saved unless individual members have saved them. I would imagine that no one has even tried to save all - or even most - of the photos.
Actually, we did save every image hosted on imagebam and imagevenue a few months ago, because it was believed that those sites were shutting down. Turns out they didn't shut down, our so backups were never needed. It's not something we want to do under normal circumstances though, but it is possible as a last resort to preserve our content.

5supermb: The pictures that are most likely to become unavailable are those found on social media and linked directly to this forum. Many profiles go private because of creepy comments, so if you want to make backups for yourself, you probably want to start with them.
Who Said Thanks:
5supermb (January 13th, 2018)
Old June 22nd, 2021, 17:14   #4
aetheristic

0 For This Post
2 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by dp View Post
Many profiles go private because of creepy comments, so if you want to make backups for yourself, you probably want to start with them.
Well I can't access the link but I assume its people commenting/requesting for new photos. That's one of my fears when posting links to the photos or videos from tiktok.