The Lift & Carry Forums

Go Back   The Lift & Carry Forums > Miscellaneous > General Discussion

Old December 27th, 2016, 08:06   #1
Slevin
VIP Honored

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
2 For This Post
540 Total
Default What do you miss about L&C of the Past?

I mean can anyone relate to this?

For me, it used to be more exciting back in 2000, waiting for the next OilWrestlers.com pictures to be posted from the most recent show they did down in New Orleans (before that stupid Hurricane hit). Anticipating the next video releases by Lusa Corp. Even before that, in high school when I had no money to actually buy content, it was cool to see the new updates for the sites at the time (Special Interests, LiftingFems, Builtmore, Davemiester, Liftfit, Bonnefemme, etc...).

I like L&C now as much as I did then. But the way the new content comes out isn't nearly as exciting as it was previously. Maybe it is because technology is so advanced and fast paced today, you just move on from one thing to the next. Obviously it is much more difficult today to make money off of making a professional caliber video today. The L&C websites with current updates are very much a thing of the past. The most recent one that I really enjoyed was KOFilmProductions in Hungary, and I haven't seen an update from them in quite a while.

Despite the advancement in video quality, I do prefer much of the past content to the present in general. Today, there is a ton in terms of quantity, but once in a great while, something will come up that catches my eye. I don't know, maybe I've seen it all before.

Does anyone else prefer how it used to be, or do you think it's as good now as it ever has been?

I appreciate everybody who to this day searches for pictures/videos and other content to post it on here, that is not what I am talking about. The drive and enthusiasm is still there with a number of people here. It feels like to me, as the niche that we are, we have been just kinda going through the motions for the past several years, and will continue to do so. But we definitely had much more of an exciting internet booming period in the past (1990's and 2000's).

So what do we have to look forward to?
How are we doing as a group collectively? Are our numbers up, have we made any progress?

I don't see how today any 16 year old can join the Internet community and be as excited as many of us were in previous decades, given the content. For me, it was like opening Pandora's Box.

Last edited by Slevin; December 27th, 2016 at 08:18.
Who Said Thanks:
zebra (February 27th, 2017), vk (January 1st, 2017)
Old December 27th, 2016, 08:38   #2
Far
VIP Honored

0 For This Post
762 Total

If something is rare it's always more exiciting. As for me, 10-12 years ago every lift from any girl makes me happy. Later, then I start to ride on girls for money each time, when I want, my interest in it coming down. Now I start to sell clips and I shooting it almost every week with 3-4 girls at one time, and it become a little bit routine.
Yes, I still like to be lifted by girls, but it don't make me so happy as 10 years ago.
Old December 27th, 2016, 12:37   #3
goneju

1 For This Post
0 Total

I agree with Slevin and Far. Its like this - Excess of everything will lead to this. Earlier content used to be limited and even a Sub Standard content we used to like because of lack of content.

Now its so much content ( Both Paid and Free ) floating around that only something extraordinary catches our attention. In late 90's even a single photo in a whole day used to give me so much excitement.

Its the draw back of too much content. Everything which is rare will be cherished always.

Even today I get excited to see lift and carry but there is no match to what it used to be 15 - 20 yrs ago.

Old December 27th, 2016, 13:37   #4
Slevin
VIP Honored

4 For This Post
540 Total

Thanks for the replies Far and Ganju. Like I alluded to earlier, I appreciate all the content you guys pump out. I will continue to purchase a promising looking clip when I stumble across it. Once you have a a million pictures out there and all the clips4sales, it gets kinda redundant. There's probably thousands of pictures posted on this site alone that I haven't gotten around to look at. I've been over 20 years on the internet, and the earlier stuff was awesome to stumble across.

I do think some of the older stuff was some of the best content. Some of those girls, like Debbie T & Carmen from Special Interests for example, made it look so good easy, and were masters of transitioning between lifts. They also seemed to really enjoy doing the L&C. There videos gave the impression that it was their idea to lift the guys instead of being fed a script to do certain lifts in a certain order. That's part of why the Oilwrestlers site was awesome, because the guys didn't know the lifts were coming until right before they happened. In liftnet, their content was ground breaking, but it was obvious Jeff was orchestrating everything blatantly, even when on camera. Idk, different preferences I guess. He did contribute a ton and was a pioneer in his day however.

I do think we should consider a Lift and Carry Hall of Fame and where we induct a few members each year, starting with guys like Tom Nine, Hajo, Jeff Urban, the guy who started Special Interests, etc... the people who made the early VHS catalogs before the Internet. We can have nominations, and let the Admins vote on if it is time to induct them. Just a fun thought. Just so in the distant future, this small niche of fans has somewhere to look to appreciate our origins and history.

Last edited by Slevin; December 27th, 2016 at 13:54.
Who Said Thanks:
vk (January 1st, 2017), dp (December 27th, 2016), piggybackrides (December 27th, 2016), (December 27th, 2016)
Old December 27th, 2016, 22:11   #5
Vodevil
VIP Honored
The very first member

3 For This Post
234 Total

I remember when I first encountered Lapland.de, liftfit.com and Diana's site in the late 90's, I was truly shocked. Seeing thousands of videos, photos and stories with l & c stuff seemed almost overwhelming, because before that there weren't any places where I could find such a material. Especially for a poor kid living in Finland.

I still feel the same way about my fetish, but just as you guys have mentioned, today is more quantity over quality. It's nice to notice how pretty girls and women can do amazing things, but when you see literally hundreds of similar photos or videos, it does take the edge of it.
Who Said Thanks:
zebra (February 27th, 2017), Akshayb (December 28th, 2016), Slevin (December 28th, 2016)
Old December 28th, 2016, 07:27   #6
aaltra
STANDARD

3 For This Post
325 Total

For me, it seems there is less and less really tall and strong womans since Skytriss and Blythe retired. Bunny glamazon does not make video any more. Nicole Bass is out of shape. Karla Nelsen disappears of the scene as Tina Lockwood. The bigger, taller, stronger is the lifter, the lighter, skinnier is the liftee, the best it is for me.
Who Said Thanks:
zebra (February 27th, 2017), pillhuhn1 (December 29th, 2016), Slevin (December 28th, 2016)
Old December 28th, 2016, 15:32   #7
tjw1971
VIP Honored

0 For This Post
454 Total
Default Yeah....

I guess I have mixed feelings.

There was definitely some of the older video material that was more interesting to watch than what most people are trying to make today. Like the original poster said though? I think that's just the nature of things - because it was easier to turn a profit if you had to buy the stuff on VHS tape to see it, as opposed to digital media today where everyone can easily share it around for free. Plus, there's more expectation of getting content for less money on subscription-based web sites.

On the other hand, all of the workout routines like p90x and crossfit, plus competitions like "Tough Mudder" have really made it more mainstream acceptable for women to carry men around or squat them as part of a workout. So stuff you wouldn't ever get a woman to even TRY to do without paying her as a "fetish" thing, 10-15 years ago, they'll happily do (and capture on video) to show everyone, today.

More and more? I'm finding what interests me the most is some of the hardest content to find anywhere .... women showing off their strength by doing "non traditional" lifts in settings outside a gym. Like there's a sample video going around that one producer made with a girl leg pressing a pool table off the ground while several of her friends are sitting on it. Or once in a while, you find videos of women lifting the back end or one side or corner of a car off the ground. Or even something like my ex-wife used to do, where she'd use her big leg muscles to scoot our king size waterbed across the floor in our bedroom. Even the stuff where women crush watermelons between their legs, or the one soccer player gal who deflates a soccer ball the same way.... all of that is the really cool stuff to see, IMO.
Old December 28th, 2016, 17:46   #8
Slevin
VIP Honored

0 For This Post
540 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaltra View Post
For me, it seems there is less and less really tall and strong womans since Skytriss and Blythe retired. Bunny glamazon does not make video any more. Nicole Bass is out of shape. Karla Nelsen disappears of the scene as Tina Lockwood. The bigger, taller, stronger is the lifter, the lighter, skinnier is the liftee, the best it is for me.
Also don't forget Thea Bennington.

You are right about there being less size in general. It is now more acceptable for a female to work out and have some muscle, in fact I think it has become more the standard of what is attractive. However, the ones who are extremely into their physique mostly go towards those Figure Competitions rather than the old school heavyweight Bodybuilding Competitions. It's more now skinny lean and cut, rather than big bulky and massive. These new Crossfit athletes don't exactly have the incredible mass either. The Karla Nelsen's, etc do seem to be a thing of the past. Probably the crack down on anabolic steroids also contributes.

Last edited by Slevin; December 28th, 2016 at 17:48.
Old December 28th, 2016, 22:29   #9
dendrin
Administrator

1 For This Post
10,897 Total

Part of it was the scarcity of it. Plus the girls enjoyed doing it a little more back then. Tasha Welsh and Robin are two for instance that really brought a lot of fun and playfulness to it in their videos that you don't see now.
Who Said Thanks:
Slevin (December 29th, 2016)
Old December 28th, 2016, 22:50   #10
Far
VIP Honored

1 For This Post
762 Total

Don't forget that with new generation of content coming a new generation of L&C fans. Over 50% of visitors on my site are under 30 years old(based on Google Analytics), so they don't catch ages of VHS tapes and so on

Also, in 1990-2000 only in USA and maybe Europe was possible to get this content, f.e. in Russia no one man has selling L&C videos on VHS or DVD's
Who Said Thanks:
Slevin (December 29th, 2016)