Closed Thread

Old March 1st, 2011, 07:11   #1
dendrin
Administrator

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
0 For This Post
10,897 Total
Arrow *****VIP I and II have been merged*****

There has been a big change in VIP as you may have noticed, the VIP I & II levels are now merged. These levels were getting very few posts the last year and ultimately decided we don't need them both. Besides activity, some of the reasons were as follows:

- less redundancy, cut down on reposts
- less moderation work
- an overall, tighter knit community

For those who had VIP II access, your previous VIP II standing will count positively for VIP III (renamed honored) and VIPOS.

In the merged VIP section, I will be combining similar threads soon. Currently I left them as is so members can better tell what's new. Finally, the new VIP section has some rules and they are a little stricter than before. We think participation is a must or this section will not be much better than the old VIP section. The new guidelines are:

-5 posts per year (not just thanks)
-3 clicked thanks per year

These will be checked in January and if a member was VIP the whole year they will lose VIP level access if the above guidelines aren't met. Also it will take more work to get VIP access now. The VIP access thread will be updated with the exact requirements. If anyone has access problems in the new VIP section let us know here.
Old March 2nd, 2011, 19:41   #2
gnw626
VIP Honored

0 For This Post
828 Total

This sounds like a great idea and will hopefully reinvigorate VIP I and II.

I was an old VIP II member, what are the requirements now to get access to the new VIP level.
Old March 3rd, 2011, 02:42   #3
spooter
VIP Honored

0 For This Post
290 Total

Dendrin, if I'm reading this right it kinda sounds like us in VIP II got demoted or VIP I got a promotion don't you think? I'm not knocking the fact that you merged the two but it took some time for me(and I know a lot of other VIP II members)to get to that level. I'm still working at getting to III(sorry honored). Also are there new rules to get to VIP honored? thanks
Old March 3rd, 2011, 03:37   #4
carrychris2009
VIP Honored
Indian VIP 3

0 For This Post
1,018 Total

BTW My thread 'CarryChris's Crap" has been moved to VIP's honored group upon my request.
Old March 3rd, 2011, 05:25   #5
dendrin
Administrator

0 For This Post
10,897 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooter View Post
Dendrin, if I'm reading this right it kinda sounds like us in VIP II got demoted or VIP I got a promotion don't you think? I'm not knocking the fact that you merged the two but it took some time for me(and I know a lot of other VIP II members)to get to that level. I'm still working at getting to III(sorry honored). Also are there new rules to get to VIP honored? thanks
VIP II didn't lose anything, but yes you can say VIP I got a free promotion. We still maintain a list of former VIP II members and they will be the only ones considered for VIP honored for quite a while. And no the rules haven't changed for that section.
Old March 19th, 2011, 18:06   #6
snops
STANDARD

0 For This Post
6 Total

hi, I've been a VIP 2 member since quite a while now. Am i eligible for the new VIP Honored?
Old March 19th, 2011, 23:02   #7
smallwm
VIP Honored

0 For This Post
43 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by snops View Post
hi, I've been a VIP 2 member since quite a while now. Am i eligible for the new VIP Honored?
Same here. I am wondering when I will be eligible for VIP Honored?
Old June 2nd, 2011, 17:03   #8
j-ram
VIPOS

0 For This Post
312 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by dendrin View Post
There has been a big change in VIP as you may have noticed, the VIP I & II levels are now merged. These levels were getting very few posts the last year and ultimately decided we don't need them both. Besides activity, some of the reasons were as follows:

- less redundancy, cut down on reposts
- less moderation work
- an overall, tighter knit community

For those who had VIP II access, your previous VIP II standing will count positively for VIP III (renamed honored) and VIPOS.

In the merged VIP section, I will be combining similar threads soon. Currently I left them as is so members can better tell what's new. Finally, the new VIP section has some rules and they are a little stricter than before. We think participation is a must or this section will not be much better than the old VIP section. The new guidelines are:

-5 posts per year (not just thanks)
-3 clicked thanks per year

These will be checked in January and if a member was VIP the whole year they will lose VIP level access if the above guidelines aren't met. Also it will take more work to get VIP access now. The VIP access thread will be updated with the exact requirements. If anyone has access problems in the new VIP section let us know here.

i was VIPOS yesterday and now im VIP again?!?!

-There was a notice 2 months ago VIPOS requirements would be a modest 15 thanks/year. It was a stickied thread at the top in VIPOS, so not sure how you missed it. -d
Old June 2nd, 2011, 18:29   #9
Liftluvver
STANDARD

0 For This Post
62 Total
Default How does one know?

How would I know where I stand relative to becoming a VIP member? Fir instance, how many more posts, or thanks do I need as of now? Thanks, Admins!
Old June 3rd, 2011, 06:10   #10
Mettalican5000
VIP

0 For This Post
97 Total

Im very confused. I was a VIPOS member and all of a sudden im not anymore? What happened?!
Closed Thread