The Lift & Carry Forums

Go Back   The Lift & Carry Forums > Miscellaneous > General Discussion

Old January 28th, 2017, 00:42   #1
shadowspider33
VIP

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
1 For This Post
73 Total
Default How strong would my girlfriend be considered?

Hi I have posted on this forum before, and given brief encounters of my lifting experiences.

I am just wondering how strong my girlfriend would be considered amongst the members of this forum. She has an athletic figure, but thin, with rather large muscular legs however. She is about 115 lbs and 5'2, former track athlete.

I would have to say her best lift is the piggyback in which she can go for a good minute or 2 with me on her back, while walking and or running and spinning around. Now I am about 250lbs and 6 ft so figure that is pretty good.

Just would like to hear some feed back, and perhaps some can share some of their own experiences, and rate how strong they feel that girl could be.
Who Said Thanks:
portares (February 6th, 2017)
Old January 28th, 2017, 03:09   #2
goneju

0 For This Post
0 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowspider33 View Post
Hi I have posted on this forum before, and given brief encounters of my lifting experiences.

I am just wondering how strong my girlfriend would be considered amongst the members of this forum. She has an athletic figure, but thin, with rather large muscular legs however. She is about 115 lbs and 5'2, former track athlete.

I would have to say her best lift is the piggyback in which she can go for a good minute or 2 with me on her back, while walking and or running and spinning around. Now I am about 250lbs and 6 ft so figure that is pretty good.

Just would like to hear some feed back, and perhaps some can share some of their own experiences, and rate how strong they feel that girl could be.

According to me she is really strong. Your weight is more than double her weight. Though piggyback are the easiest to lift but carrying more than double her weight is incredible. 250lbs is not easy for anyone to lift. So according to me she is really strong.

Old January 30th, 2017, 16:22   #3
tjw1971
VIP Honored

0 For This Post
454 Total
Default Agreed... very good!

As someone else posted, a piggyback carry is one of the easiest ways to carry a person around, so it makes sense that's the one she can do best with you. But that doesn't make it less impressive, given your size differences.

I've seen a number of other girls around her same size do a piggyback carry with someone your size - but it's usually only the athletic girls doing crossfit training or who lift weights regularly in a gym. As a former track athlete, that's probably what helps her have the stamina to carry you for 1-2 minutes at a time.

Do you have any dumbbells or free weights around? Just for the fun/challenge of it, you might see if she can carry you piggyback while you hold onto extra weights in both hands. I bet if she can piggyback you over a minute right now, she can manage 15 or 20 seconds with another 40 or 50lbs.

Quote:

Old January 30th, 2017, 22:12   #4
shadowspider33
VIP

1 For This Post
73 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjw1971 View Post
As someone else posted, a piggyback carry is one of the easiest ways to carry a person around, so it makes sense that's the one she can do best with you. But that doesn't make it less impressive, given your size differences.

I've seen a number of other girls around her same size do a piggyback carry with someone your size - but it's usually only the athletic girls doing crossfit training or who lift weights regularly in a gym. As a former track athlete, that's probably what helps her have the stamina to carry you for 1-2 minutes at a time.

Do you have any dumbbells or free weights around? Just for the fun/challenge of it, you might see if she can carry you piggyback while you hold onto extra weights in both hands. I bet if she can piggyback you over a minute right now, she can manage 15 or 20 seconds with another 40 or 50lbs.

Funny you should mention that, ya I've held some weights plates in my hand, and a few smaller ones in my pocket, for around an extra I think 30-40lbs, and had her piggyback me.

We also did a back to back lift in which I had 2 45 lb plates in each hand, so a total of 90 extra lbs. it was pretty akward to do as I had to hold onto the plates one in each hand, as she bent forward, i was pretty much parallel to the floor holding the weights in each. She then proceeded to walk with me and the 2 weights plates in my hand.
She actually was saying she wanted to see how much more she could do, but 45lbs were the biggest plates I had, and couldn't figure out how to be able to add more weight, since it was already akward to hold int he 1st place.

So in the least know she can pick up 340lbs and walk, but felt like she could do more
Who Said Thanks:
Akshayb (January 31st, 2017)
Old February 1st, 2017, 20:50   #5
tjw1971
VIP Honored

0 For This Post
454 Total
Default re: piggyback w/weights

Cool!

Yeah... the only time I've tried something like this with heavier weights was once, when a younger female friend's mom wanted to try carrying me with added weight. (Her mom was only a couple years older than me and was into weightlifting.) She was a black gal, about 5'7" and 148lbs. I was around 190-195lbs., and we already knew she was strong enough to carry more than my weight. She had a barbell on a weight bench that had 125lbs. of weight on it, so she had me put it across my shoulders before piggybacking me.

(She'd carried guys around who weighed 250 or 260, in the gym, but wanted to try at least 300lbs.)

That worked out pretty well.... Easier than trying to hold onto weight plates with each hand, for sure. (And I think she could have carried more, too. She handled the 310-315lbs. or so of me and the barbell pretty nicely. But I didn't know if or where she had any more weights for the barbell, and she just seemed proud of herself giving me the piggyback through her house that she did.)

Only other thing I've seen on the Internet (but never knew anyone who tried it in person) is a woman piggybacking or shoulder carrying one guy while carrying a second person (male or female) in their arms at the same time.

Quote:
Funny you should mention that, ya I've held some weights plates in my hand, and a few smaller ones in my pocket, for around an extra I think 30-40lbs, and had her piggyback me.

We also did a back to back lift in which I had 2 45 lb plates in each hand, so a total of 90 extra lbs. it was pretty akward to do as I had to hold onto the plates one in each hand, as she bent forward, i was pretty much parallel to the floor holding the weights in each. She then proceeded to walk with me and the 2 weights plates in my hand.
She actually was saying she wanted to see how much more she could do, but 45lbs were the biggest plates I had, and couldn't figure out how to be able to add more weight, since it was already akward to hold int he 1st place.

So in the least know she can pick up 340lbs and walk, but felt like she could do more
Old February 4th, 2017, 19:43   #6
Jase
STANDARD

0 For This Post
199 Total

Hi, my friend is 52kg and I am 95kg and she has carried me in a variety of ways with my favourite (and hers) being the cradle carry.

On one memorable occasion she made me carry a 6kg kettle bell then picked me up in a cradle and walked with me. It was a fantastic feeling
Old February 6th, 2017, 00:40   #7
tjw1971
VIP Honored

0 For This Post
454 Total
Default Yeah....

Aren't you the one who posted pics a while back with her doing wall sits while you sat in her lap?

That's pretty awesome though, that she cradles you as her "favorite" lift (since that's a harder one to do, to begin with).

How often do your girlfriends carry you guys? Just curious, as my ex-wife used to carry me at least a couple of times a day, for a while. (It was our regular routine that if the clothes were done in the washer/dryers, she'd piggyback me down the stairs to the basement to get them, and then back up again while I held the clothes basket.)

She was a bigger woman than your girlfriends are, but still -- it was really cool watching her build strength over time from doing it so often. After a few months, it literally got so easy for her to carry me, it was like nothing for her. She could jog up the stairs with me and leave me on her back for pretty much as long as she wanted to. I used to have her walk around on her tiptoes with me to make it more of a challenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jase View Post
Hi, my friend is 52kg and I am 95kg and she has carried me in a variety of ways with my favourite (and hers) being the cradle carry.

On one memorable occasion she made me carry a 6kg kettle bell then picked me up in a cradle and walked with me. It was a fantastic feeling
Old February 6th, 2017, 19:07   #8
Jase
STANDARD

0 For This Post
199 Total

Yes, that's me Not done the wall sits in a little while but still enjoy the cradles - so I'm guessing she'd be considered quite strong then what with the difference in weight/size?
Old February 6th, 2017, 19:12   #9
shadowspider33
VIP

0 For This Post
73 Total

It depends, sometimes it is pretty frequent, like she will just pick me up, or tell me to hop on her back, every day for a week straight. Other times there is a big dry spell and there won't be any lifts. Depends how frequently I am seeing her, and I guess if she feels like lifting or not.

Also ya I would say al your gf's seem pretty damn strong as well.
Old February 10th, 2017, 07:10   #10
riky

0 For This Post
1 Total

I once waswith 2 girls from Chaina.
The smaller one could lift me and the other one collapsed
when she tried.
They where both thin...