Closed Thread

Old October 6th, 2019, 15:30   #1
lostsar2
STANDARD

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
0 For This Post
4 Total
Default Best way to become a part of this community

I would like to become a part of this community, though apparently i do not know the "proper" way of doing so. Every other forum I've joined, you create posts and reply to posts.

I've tried commenting on posts, I've tried posting new topics that are of interest and relevant to this group. but I've only had all my posts closed with no reason or the last time, I was told not to create new threads.

As I have no way to communicate to the Administrators to find out what I'm doing wrong, or what i need to do different. I have only recourse but to create new thread to get information.

Please will some administrator contact me, in a way, where we can have a conversation on how to become a part of this community.
Old October 6th, 2019, 16:05   #2
dp
Administrator
The VIP Gatekeeper

0 For This Post
5,404 Total

The best way to get full access is to make some meaningful posts. If you believe dendrin (the admin responsible for admitting new members) overlooked your membership request, you can create a thread in the help desk and ask again there.

By the way, don't create new threads outside the help desk. There are existing threads for most topics, and any new post should be posted in the appropriate existing thread.

The reason we don't give membership automatically to every new member is that we have had some bad members that kept harassing people with L&C requests over social media, and we want to keep them out of this forum, so that at least we're not helping them harass people.
Old October 7th, 2019, 18:06   #3
phoneman
Administrator

0 For This Post
3,073 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsar2 View Post
I would like to become a part of this community, though apparently i do not know the "proper" way of doing so. Every other forum I've joined, you create posts and reply to posts.

I've tried commenting on posts, I've tried posting new topics that are of interest and relevant to this group. but I've only had all my posts closed with no reason or the last time, I was told not to create new threads.

As I have no way to communicate to the Administrators to find out what I'm doing wrong, or what i need to do different. I have only recourse but to create new thread to get information.

Please will some administrator contact me, in a way, where we can have a conversation on how to become a part of this community.
If your posts were closed, there was a reason. All of the Admins have been here for more than 10 years and no one deletes posts for no reason.

As dp said, sometimes members decide that they should open a new thread regarding everything. That will lead to deletion. By this point in time it is very likely that there are already threads on most things. That does not mean that new threads are not welcome, IF they really are for new subjects.
Closed Thread