The Lift & Carry Forums

Go Back   The Lift & Carry Forums > Miscellaneous > General Discussion

Old August 14th, 2022, 02:17   #121
standtall

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
2 For This Post
6 Total
Default Stronger girls

A friend of mine is bigger and more robust than me and most other guys I know. I guess she gets it from her dad who is one of the biggest guys I've ever met. I'm 5'10" and reasonably well built but she is just undeniably bigger and stronger than me and most people though she is attractive and well proportioned. She's a nice person to boot and comes across as feminine, she's just one big, strong girl.

As this is just the way it is and doesn't change the person she is (or the fact she is good looking) there's no embarrassment at all there for me or I imagine other guys. It's just the way it is and it's not as if it plays a part of who she is or her relationships. I still respect her and look up to her (literally ).
Who Said Thanks:
gremlin_95 (August 15th, 2022), aaltra (August 14th, 2022)
Old October 8th, 2022, 17:24   #122
letoavon

1 For This Post
1 Total

I remember getting a bit beaten up by a smaller but older gymnast girl ,a bit embarrassing but also fun .
Who Said Thanks:
piggybackrides (October 10th, 2022)
Old January 8th, 2023, 01:03   #123
Linc99
STANDARD

1 For This Post
14 Total

Haven't had any experiences with women but going to the gym consistently for the last 4-5 months has been very humbling for me. It's helped me a lot with getting over the fear/embarrassment of feeling weak/inadequate. It's been a very slow process but have already noticed big differences. For example I would struggle with carrying 10kg rice bags, 20kg cement bags but now it's a stroll.

I remember being at the gym and struggling to do 20kg T-bar rows now I can do 80kg. Think a lot of men don't realise how strong we are capable of being.
Who Said Thanks:
luff(arungen) (January 8th, 2023)
Old January 8th, 2023, 17:13   #124
camel222
VIP

3 For This Post
265 Total

Recently I did a 69 to my wife, holding for couple of seconds. Then she did the same in return till its over.
Who Said Thanks:
kimeriez (December 14th, 2023), ljakse (January 17th, 2023), raul2626 (January 8th, 2023)
Old January 9th, 2023, 20:36   #125
raul2626
VIP

1 For This Post
8,385 Total
Default Arm wrestling, much smaller woman wins

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRg6cwK4/

In the comments of this tiktok video,
Heated discussions went, is she stronger? OR/AND better technique? Did she cheated?
It looks like it is legitimate to use leg under the table. Many men are saying she cheated, but to me she has better technique AND possibly also stronger (or at least can competitively match up the strength of a man so much bigger). If she was same size and/or same muscle mass, she will surely play with this man like a toy.
Who Said Thanks:
piggybackrides (January 10th, 2023)
Old January 11th, 2023, 14:05   #126
Thewadzee
STANDARD

0 For This Post
28 Total

she might be pretty strong but probably isnt even close to as strong as him. the whole point of that video was that she used technique to win not overpower him. i dont mean to be rude im just saying. great video tho
Old January 12th, 2023, 09:01   #127
raul2626
VIP

0 For This Post
8,385 Total

Thanks for your response. Yeah he is very likely stronger, I mean given their body size and arm muscle mass differences, it seems obvious and I agree with that. But what I wanted to really discuss was, hypothetically, if these two people have same/similar body size and muscle mass, and they have rematch, both sides don’t use any allowed and disallowed techniques, what would be the result? My argument, not just strong woman fantasy, is that she will surely win. In this video, she used the two major techniques, grip bending and leg using. I am not really sure these are understood to be allowed in professional arm wrestling matches to certain degrees. But regardless of the legitimacy, the man did not used (or were not trained enough to use such techniques yet) any techniques she used, so the man still have the disadvantage in the technique perspective. But if a random men similar to her body size, have a match with this man, numerous men would not able to win even if they used the same techniques she used in the video. I wanted to acknowledge her strength as well, in addition to her applied technique, which in the comments many toxic masculinity-washed dudes are ignoring and just keep whining only about her leg usage.

Last edited by raul2626; January 12th, 2023 at 09:08.
Old January 12th, 2023, 20:44   #128
piggybackrides
VIP Honored

0 For This Post
790 Total
She's certainly strong but arm wrestling technique plays a huge factor. I remember on a morning show Michael Strahan (Hall of fame 250 pound NFL player) lost to a 10 year old girl who knew proper technique.

To your point about if random men her size had a match with the guy in the video, several of them would lose, I think this is accurate. You could use the strongest women in the world, let's say an Olympic gold medal weight lifter as an example. If we compare her to men around the world of the same weight, she's be so much stronger than a lot of them. However, the strongest man of her weight class would still be much stronger than her.
Old April 24th, 2023, 04:13   #129
piggybackrides
VIP Honored

0 For This Post
790 Total
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp View Post
A few weeks ago I decided to buy bark chippings for the flower beds in my garden. I went to the garden centre and saw they had very large bags on special offer. I paid for 3 bags and got a flat trolley to take them back to my truck. I tried to lift one from the stack and found it was extremely heavy so I pulled it down on to the trolley. I decided to take one at a time and went back to my truck. I bent down to pick it up and found there was no way I would be able to lift it on my own.
While I pondered my options (get help or ask for a refund), a fit looking lady wearing a garden centre outfit approached me and said it looked like I needed a hand. I gladly accepted and bent down take one side of the bag, expecting her take the other side. She said she would manage herself and lifted the bag on to the truck. I thanked her and she started to walk away. I was embarrassed to tell her I had 2 more bags to collect. She said it was no problem. She took the trolley, collected the other bags and loaded them on to my truck.
As I thanked her again she said that this batch of chippings were soaking wet making the bags very heavy and she had to help several other customers load them in to their vehicles.
This might be the best one I've read. Do you have a guess on what her approximate height, weight and age are, and how those compare to your stats? I feel like it's unusual for women to just outwardly display their strength around men, especially if they're flat out stronger so wondering if perhaps you're older or on the smaller side which is why she didn't want your help with picking it up
Old April 24th, 2023, 20:27   #130
Afffenmann
STANDARD

3 For This Post
424 Total

Two years ago me and a couple of friends had an open air party with a generator to power the music PA. At some point the generator was out of gas and we had to refill it. To restart it, you had to pull on a cord with quite some force. I tried a couple of times with all my strength, but for some reason it did not start. Then two or three other guys tried as well for many times - also without success. After a while we kinda gave up thinking there must be some other problem. Maybe we flooded the engine? Then a girl asked if she could try. She wasn't muscular or big, just pretty average in body type and kinda pretty. I said, sure give it a go!
So she grabbed the cord and pulled it forcefully just once. The generator immediately started on her first try. It was both unexpected and impressive, since we all had failed miserably.
Everybody cheered, since the music could go on. Nobody was embarrassed. I don't really think she was actually stronger than all the guys, even though her pull definitely was quite powerful. It's even possible that it was just pure luck. However, she did make it work after several bigger guys were unable to do it. It was pretty cool in that moment.

Last edited by Afffenmann; April 24th, 2023 at 21:40.
Who Said Thanks:
gremlin_95 (April 26th, 2023), zebra (April 25th, 2023), piggybackrides (April 24th, 2023)