darky
VIP Honored

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
0 For This Post
1,215 Total
Default Questions regarding moderation decisions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dp View Post
forevernow, I personally had no interest in that clip, as the lift itself was not an impressive feat of strength, but nor was I offended by it, which is the reason why I didn't delete it. Other admins may still delete it. I wouldn't have posted it myself, as my personal rule is to never post anything unless the lifter/liftee appears to be post-puberty, just to err on the safe side. However, because the people in this clip were professional youtubers and their accounts are managed by adults, I didn't see any harm from other people posting it. There's nothing sexual about it, and not everything in this forum has to be; at least for me, L&C is just as much about showing feats of strength by females. I mainly post in the wrestling thread, and I often post lifts by female wrestlers that are not attractive to me, simply because they displayed impressive strength. I assume I'm not alone in being fascinated by L&C even when there is no physical attraction involved.

What slips through moderation is the least common denominator of what admins can tolerate, not the least common denominator of what our members find acceptable. We recently had one member complain about cam clips being posted on this forum as well (he believed - probably correctly - that those who order custom cam clips don't have redistribution rights). Other members have argued it is unacceptable to share anything found on instagram and social media, regardless of age. The forum wouldn't have much content if every member could delete everything they find inappropriate to post.

In this case, let's do an experiment: Those that want to have the piggyback ride clip deleted, click the thanks button on this post. If this post gets more thanks than the clip itself, I will delete it. In any case, if anyone wants to discuss changes to the forum's moderation policies, please start a new thread in the discussion forum, don't use the video clips thread for that.
Sorry, but I have to disagree with you there.

I appreciate the time you take to respond, but please be serious. Rules shouldn't be bent to specific cases. I've had a post removed of a 17 year old girl giving a piggy back ride to her boyfriend. Also a celeberty. If the rules are to not post videos of underaged girls, then I don't agree with selective moderating on this.

Either allow non sexual content, or phohibit all underage content. Selective moderating only causes confusion and unnecessary discussions.

A little digging into the forum explains what I mean.
http://landcforum.com/forums/showpos...5&postcount=69
Even talking about underaged girls seems forbidden.
http://landcforum.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=126
http://landcforum.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=127

Im done discussing.

Last edited by darky; February 13th, 2020 at 21:04.
Old February 13th, 2020, 21:28   #2
dp
Administrator
The VIP Gatekeeper

0 For This Post
5,383 Total
Default Questions regarding moderation decisions

Even if you are done discussing, I moved your post here in case others are not.

I rarely do moderation on the forum, so I was probably not the admin you wanted to hear from, but it appears the regular moderators are not available right now. Based on what you write, I certainly understand that you are frustrated over inconsistent moderation, but remember that we don't have paid moderators on this forum, so their time is limited. It could simply be that the post that started this discussion was overlooked. As I said, we don't have 100% clear cut rules on how to handle moderation based on age, so I think I'll leave the rest of the discussion to the actual moderators.
Old February 13th, 2020, 22:23   #3
phoneman
Administrator

0 For This Post
3,073 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by dp View Post
Even if you are done discussing, I moved your post here in case others are not.

I rarely do moderation on the forum, so I was probably not the admin you wanted to hear from, but it appears the regular moderators are not available right now. Based on what you write, I certainly understand that you are frustrated over inconsistent moderation, but remember that we don't have paid moderators on this forum, so their time is limited. It could simply be that the post that started this discussion was overlooked. As I said, we don't have 100% clear cut rules on how to handle moderation based on age, so I think I'll leave the rest of the discussion to the actual moderators.
Darky, I personally have absolutely no idea what you are writing about. As dp said, none of the mods here are paid anything at all. When an issue arises such as whether one clip should be removed, there is no "meeting" or discussion. It will be an impromptu decision by someone.

Once a clip is removed, I am not sure if admins could recover it, but I will tell you that I would be shocked if anyone tried.

It is also quite possible that a single video could be uploaded and not even seen for days by any moderator (or even in rare cases, never seen).

I try to come by nearly every day (but not yesterday), but I certainly do not look at anywhere close to every thread to check new posts.

As you saw from the links that you posted, this is not even necessarily the decision of admins. We are hosted by Mistress Taylor and years ago when this forum opened she was quite clear that there could be nothing that could even loosely look as though we were posting things involving kids. Obviously, some posts with kids could be totally innocent, but it many cases we try to be safe rather than sorry.