Go Back   The Lift & Carry Forums > Miscellaneous > Producer's Corner

Closed Thread

Old December 31st, 2011, 06:16   #11
twin
STANDARD

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
0 For This Post
0 Total

they were one of my sites i enjoyed over the years. i will miss them and yes the lift and kiss was always great.
Old December 31st, 2011, 08:14   #12
WWE4Life
VIP Honored

2 For This Post
1,178 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifter View Post
I disagree with your take of it being repetitive. After all he tried to accommodate everyone's wishes. I was always asking for cradles and OTS, for example.
Now, all of what you're telling us is your side of the story. We'd have to hear his, wouldn't we?
On to business. The clips4 sale store you've included in your post, does it feature FF L&C or you still mix em in the clips?
Hey Lifter,

Your position as an all FF lift fan is beyond well-documented, as is your lack of tolerance for any interests other than your own. Based on the history of exchanges in this and other forums from years gone by, it's highly unlikely that you will enjoy clips from my store so I encourage you to spend your dollars elsewhere. As for hearing the other side of the story, I really couldn't care less about earning your approval, nor do I care if he chooses to respond...as it is, it's water under the bridge and my post was in effect, a eulogy to both a lost website and a lost friendship. I thought it would be interesting for others to know that the lift community was a small world, with two producers living practically as neighbours and how the liftnandcarrying site got its start. Let's leave it at that.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming of lifts and carries.
Who Said Thanks:
lifted (January 1st, 2012), Slevin (December 31st, 2011)
Old December 31st, 2011, 10:00   #13
blauesau
VIPOS

0 For This Post
8,673 Total

do not be sad:
http://landcforum.com/forums/showthr...4633#post74633
Old December 31st, 2011, 13:29   #14
rflcblue
Producer

0 For This Post
874 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWE4Life View Post
Hey Lifter,

Your position as an all FF lift fan is beyond well-documented, as is your lack of tolerance for any interests other than your own. Based on the history of exchanges in this and other forums from years gone by, it's highly unlikely that you will enjoy clips from my store so I encourage you to spend your dollars elsewhere. As for hearing the other side of the story, I really couldn't care less about earning your approval, nor do I care if he chooses to respond...as it is, it's water under the bridge and my post was in effect, a eulogy to both a lost website and a lost friendship. I thought it would be interesting for others to know that the lift community was a small world, with two producers living practically as neighbours and how the liftnandcarrying site got its start. Let's leave it at that.

Hey Dave,

Yes, it was interesting to hear about you and liftnandcarrying; thanks for telling these personal things about your history,

Jo.
Old December 31st, 2011, 17:04   #15
Lifter
VIPOS

0 For This Post
362 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWE4Life View Post
Hey Lifter,

So revealing that you say "lack of intolerance" on my part and then go ahead and claim: "I couldn't care less". Not very consistent, I'm afraid.
At least you were good enough to understand I, to use your words: "couldn't care less" for the type of material you produce. Fair enough.
Old December 31st, 2011, 17:45   #16
EZ
STANDARD

0 For This Post
57 Total

The back story was interesting and informing. I highly enjoyed that read.

I can get the complaint about the whole repetitive component to their updates but, honestly, I find that to be the case with ALL lift and carry sites. I think it's the nature of the beast as your shooting videos to showcase one thing: carries. How far can you really take it when each video is going to be of the same thing and one doesn't include a storyline?

For me, as long as the quality of the carry is maintained to a high level and one consistently brings in new talent I am fine with the repetitiveness in video format. And perhaps since I buy videos solely to see the females carried over the shoulder and in a fireman's carry I am by nature more open to the repetitiveness aspect of video, as I am not looking for variety in my videos from the get go?

Last edited by EZ; December 31st, 2011 at 17:48.
Old December 31st, 2011, 17:56   #17
Lifter
VIPOS

0 For This Post
362 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ View Post
The back story was interesting and informing. I highly enjoyed that read.

I can get the complaint about the whole repetitive component to their updates but, honestly, I find that to be the case with ALL lift and carry sites. I think it's the nature of the beast as your shooting videos to showcase one thing: carries. How far can you really take it when each video is going to be of the same thing and one doesn't include a storyline?

For me, as long as the quality of the carry is maintained to a high level and one consistently brings in new talent I am fine with the repetitiveness in video format. And perhaps since I buy videos solely to see the females carried over the shoulder and in a fireman's carry I am by nature more open to the repetitiveness aspect of video, as I am not looking for variety in my videos from the get go?
Exactly. Well said, my friend. On the other hand, there is another side to the story, I can't remember the exact details, but a long time ago, the owner of liftn' and carrying told his side of the story on this conflict. We should hear from him to get the complete picture.
Old December 31st, 2011, 18:10   #18
EZ
STANDARD

0 For This Post
57 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifter View Post
Exactly. Well said, my friend. On the other hand, there is another side to the story, I can't remember the exact details, but a long time ago, the owner of liftn' and carrying told his side of the story on this conflict. We should hear from him to get the complete picture.
I recognize that there is always 3 sides to a story so I am not throwing anyone under the bus based off that one story. I just enjoyed learning a little history of the site, of the L&C community as a whole, and left it at that.
Old December 31st, 2011, 18:29   #19
Leobor
VIP Honored

0 For This Post
1,676 Total

Thats really bad, I liked them a lot.
Old December 31st, 2011, 19:57   #20
warthog
STANDARD

0 For This Post
3 Total

Meh, I agree with Dave's opinion of this site. The lifts were extremely repetitive and monotone, including the kissing series (which was a good idea poorly executed). Most videos would consist of a girl walking around in circles in a small room carrying someone, with no dialog whatsoever. I don't see how anyone can watch more than one minute of that.
I think studios like Taylor's which at least attempt to act out a scene are MUCH more appealing.
Closed Thread