Old August 23rd, 2019, 17:11   #1
dp
Administrator
The VIP Gatekeeper

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
3 For This Post
5,383 Total
Default Female muscle section - ideas/suggestions

Now that we have some volunteer moderators for the female muscle section, it's probably time to talk about how we could integrate it with this forum.

The easiest solution by far is to add more sections to this forum (as opposed to hosting a separate forum on the same server). This keeps admin work to a minimum, since all the work we have done on this forum carries over (backups, usergroups and permissions, security systems, forum plugins, etc). It's also simpler for members that are interested in both L&C and female muscle, since they will have access to all the content from a single account.

I was not an active member of the herbiceps forum, so I don't remember how it was set up. I suggest that we start with a single board for female muscle; i.e., pictures, videos and everything else in one place. At least until we know how active it will be. If it turns out to be very popular, and it becomes too cluttered with a single board for everything, we can always split it into multiple boards later.

If you agree that a single board would be sufficient to get started, you can show your support by clicking the thanks button. Any ideas/suggestions are welcome though, so let me know what you think.
Who Said Thanks:
JaseB (October 5th, 2019), LTemplar (September 11th, 2019), Chaza (August 23rd, 2019)
Old August 24th, 2019, 00:53   #2
dendrin
Administrator

2 For This Post
10,897 Total

The pictures portion was divided into 6 sub forums. In each sub forum, there was a separate thread for each celeb, competitor, athlete, etc

Celebrities - the most popular section. Each celeb had a seperate thread
Fitness & bodybuilding women - named competitors of body building and fitness pageants
Athletes - Known athletes like Serena Williams, Jenny Finch, and a lot of WWE wrestling women
Fashion & fitness - similar to Fitness & Bodybuilding, didnt get many posts
Abs and Legs - a pretty niche section, do we want to cover this?
Misc pictures - amateur muscle from around the web (instagram, twitter, etc)

Who Said Thanks:
Akshayb (August 29th, 2019), soclope (August 26th, 2019)
Old August 28th, 2019, 21:17   #3
Chaza
VIP Honored

0 For This Post
614 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by dendrin View Post
The pictures portion was divided into 6 sub forums. In each sub forum, there was a separate thread for each celeb, competitor, athlete, etc

Celebrities - the most popular section. Each celeb had a seperate thread
Fitness & bodybuilding women - named competitors of body building and fitness pageants
Athletes - Known athletes like Serena Williams, Jenny Finch, and a lot of WWE wrestling women
Fashion & fitness - similar to Fitness & Bodybuilding, didnt get many posts
Abs and Legs - a pretty niche section, do we want to cover this?
Misc pictures - amateur muscle from around the web (instagram, twitter, etc)

If we are creating an environment looking to entice members of the previous forum, then similar categories to herbiceps is probably a good idea.

But in terms of building up the board, I really would merge the last two (Ab & Legs and Misc) . Additionally I would be tempted to get rid of “Fashion and Fitness” as I feel the majority of that could be classified as “Celebrities”, “Fitness and BodyBuilding” and “Athletes” with “Misc” picking up the rest of the slack.

In this case, less is probably more. And this way you should be able to cater for both veterans, and those generally interested in Strong Women on the current forum.

Last edited by Chaza; August 28th, 2019 at 21:22.
Old August 29th, 2019, 22:08   #4
phoneman
Administrator

0 For This Post
3,073 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaza View Post
If we are creating an environment looking to entice members of the previous forum, then similar categories to herbiceps is probably a good idea.

But in terms of building up the board, I really would merge the last two (Ab & Legs and Misc) . Additionally I would be tempted to get rid of ?Fashion and Fitness? as I feel the majority of that could be classified as ?Celebrities?, ?Fitness and BodyBuilding? and ?Athletes? with ?Misc? picking up the rest of the slack.

In this case, less is probably more. And this way you should be able to cater for both veterans, and those generally interested in Strong Women on the current forum.
Why have Ab, Leg and Misc? I am confused. Where would biceps go, or back muscles? I have never seen the Herbiceps site, so I do not know how they handled it.

By the way, as I recall, Herbiceps was formed by a few guys who were on the Diana the Valkyrie site in the 1990s.
Old September 1st, 2019, 00:04   #5
zebra
VIP

1 For This Post
601 Total

It would be cool to see muscle comparisons between the larger women and smaller women. Maybe the female bodybuilders could engage in strength contests with smaller women. This could comprise one section of the female muscle board. It might be enjoyable for people who like to see size and strength disparities among women.
Who Said Thanks:
zoot_rumpus (September 1st, 2019)
Old September 2nd, 2019, 16:25   #6
phoneman
Administrator

0 For This Post
3,073 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
It would be cool to see muscle comparisons between the larger women and smaller women. Maybe the female bodybuilders could engage in strength contests with smaller women. This could comprise one section of the female muscle board. It might be enjoyable for people who like to see size and strength disparities among women.
I presume that you are prepared to post such photos or videos.
Old September 2nd, 2019, 18:10   #7
Chaza
VIP Honored

0 For This Post
614 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoneman View Post
Why have Ab, Leg and Misc? I am confused. Where would biceps go, or back muscles? I have never seen the Herbiceps site, so I do not know how they handled it.

By the way, as I recall, Herbiceps was formed by a few guys who were on the Diana the Valkyrie site in the 1990s.
Ah DianaTheValkryie... , before the days of yahoo groups!

And I guess I?m this example ?misc? or ?general? would be for everything else (not just abs and legs).. I can see the need to replicate the old forum. But personally I am still of the belief of ?less is more? and if too many sections are created you could essentially be left with dead or redundant sections?

Perhaps biceps (which I may falsely believe to be the most popular topic, or maybe that is just my interest?), abs, back muscles etc may be suited to specific threads?
Old September 3rd, 2019, 11:53   #8
zebra
VIP

0 For This Post
601 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoneman View Post
I presume that you are prepared to post such photos or videos.
The trick is to find them. They're not that common.
Old September 22nd, 2019, 19:53   #9
helomelo
VIP Honored

0 For This Post
185 Total

Not sure where things are with a possible muscle section, but thinking it should be kept simple if it's still a go. Maybe a celeb muscle and misc muscle section.

I saw some Miley Cyrus flexing and some possible Sophie Turner armwrestling in the past week, wonder how much content has been missed these past few months.
Old September 22nd, 2019, 23:57   #10
dendrin
Administrator

0 For This Post
10,897 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by helomelo View Post
Not sure where things are with a possible muscle section, but thinking it should be kept simple if it's still a go. Maybe a celeb muscle and misc muscle section.

I saw some Miley Cyrus flexing and some possible Sophie Turner armwrestling in the past week, wonder how much content has been missed these past few months.
Yes Miley has been buffing up lately.

Still haven't seen a really good lift from her though (lifting an adult).