Go Back   The Lift & Carry Forums > Miscellaneous > General Discussion

Old June 17th, 2021, 00:24   #1
ericfabre
VIPOS

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
0 For This Post
19,177 Total
Default Problem with this site

For several days now I cannot see photos on this site, even the ones I myself posted. This is why I have not posted for a while. I've changed my browser even upgraded my pc, but it is still the same.

There is this caption which says 'Not secure' before the web address which was not there before.

I have been a member of this forum since the beginning and it is the first time I encountered this problem. What could be wrong here and could the admins or anybody here help me or tell me what to do.
Old June 18th, 2021, 22:44   #2
dp
Administrator
The VIP Gatekeeper

0 For This Post
5,384 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericfabre View Post
For several days now I cannot see photos on this site, even the ones I myself posted. This is why I have not posted for a while. I've changed my browser even upgraded my pc, but it is still the same.

There is this caption which says 'Not secure' before the web address which was not there before.

I have been a member of this forum since the beginning and it is the first time I encountered this problem. What could be wrong here and could the admins or anybody here help me or tell me what to do.
"Not secure" means our forum does not use encryption (HTTPS), it's not an error.

As for the problem you're describing with photos, I have no idea. It works fine for me. Please upload some screenshots to illustrate the problem.
Old June 18th, 2021, 23:47   #3
dendrin
Administrator

0 For This Post
10,898 Total

I remember having a problem like this and it was something to do with a digital certificate. It's been so long cant remember how I fixed it though.
Old June 20th, 2021, 23:20   #4
ericfabre
VIPOS

0 For This Post
19,177 Total

Scrolling back, it appears that Icould only see images uploaded with imagevenue and postimage, also the attached thumbnails.
Old June 21st, 2021, 11:20   #5
jolteon
VIPOS

1 For This Post
799 Total

Quote:

Hi ericfabre I have this issue as well.

What I noticed is that I can get the pictures if I turn off my WiFi and switch to LTE or cellular data. Not sure but might have something to do with the security settings of the WiFi network.
Who Said Thanks:
ericfabre (June 21st, 2021)
Old June 21st, 2021, 19:05   #6
dp
Administrator
The VIP Gatekeeper

1 For This Post
5,384 Total

Quote:
Scrolling back, it appears that Icould only see images uploaded with imagevenue and postimage, also the attached thumbnails.
The thumbnails that are missing are hosted by external image hosting services (the first post in your screenshot uses imgbox.com). These pages display correctly on my PC, so I assume you have some very strict security settings on your end that block these images. Doesn't look like this forum can do much to help with this. I can only recommend the usual things - clear your browser's cache and cookies, lower the security settings, or try a different web browser.
Who Said Thanks:
ericfabre (June 21st, 2021)
Old June 21st, 2021, 22:44   #7
ericfabre
VIPOS

0 For This Post
19,177 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolteon View Post
Hi ericfabre I have this issue as well.

What I noticed is that I can get the pictures if I turn off my WiFi and switch to LTE or cellular data. Not sure but might have something to do with the security settings of the WiFi network.
Baka nga. Susubukan ko.
Old June 21st, 2021, 22:47   #8
ericfabre
VIPOS

0 For This Post
19,177 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by dp View Post
The thumbnails that are missing are hosted by external image hosting services (the first post in your screenshot uses imgbox.com). These pages display correctly on my PC, so I assume you have some very strict security settings on your end that block these images. Doesn't look like this forum can do much to help with this. I can only recommend the usual things - clear your browser's cache and cookies, lower the security settings, or try a different web browser.
Thank you. I will try it.
Old December 13th, 2021, 00:30   #9
rowan355
STANDARD

0 For This Post
3 Total
Default Problem with this site

Quote:
Originally Posted by dp View Post
"Not secure" means our forum does not use encryption (HTTPS), it's not an error.

As for the problem you're describing with photos, I have no idea. It works fine for me. Please upload some screenshots to illustrate the problem.
Begs the question . . . why doesn't the site use HTTPS? Seeking standard access, person after person attests: "My password is secure"; "I have a secure password." Interesting. Whenever I go to sign in, Firefox tells me, "Connection not secure. Logins entered here could be compromised."

Trying to go to https://landcforum.com/profile, I get "Warning:Potential Security Risk Ahead. Firefox detected a potential security threat and did not continue to landcforum.com. If you visit this site, attackers could try to steal information like your password, emails, or credit card details."

As dendrin surmises in the thread entry following this, "landcforum uses invalid security certificate. The certificate is not trusted because it is self-signed."

Obviously, I sign in anyway. The login is not to a bank account or such. Also, I can't imagine that anyone would even care about my login details. However, if I claim my password is secure, I'd like to be truthful. Dendrin said once upon a time in the long ago, he encountered the certificate issue but couldn't remember how he dealt with it.

Any significant issues? Just plow ahead?
Old December 22nd, 2021, 20:30   #10
dendrin
Administrator

0 For This Post
10,898 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowan355 View Post
Begs the question . . . why doesn't the site use HTTPS? Seeking standard access, person after person attests: "My password is secure"; "I have a secure password." Interesting. Whenever I go to sign in, Firefox tells me, "Connection not secure. Logins entered here could be compromised."

Trying to go to https://landcforum.com/profile, I get "Warning:Potential Security Risk Ahead. Firefox detected a potential security threat and did not continue to landcforum.com. If you visit this site, attackers could try to steal information like your password, emails, or credit card details."

As dendrin surmises in the thread entry following this, "landcforum uses invalid security certificate. The certificate is not trusted because it is self-signed."

Obviously, I sign in anyway. The login is not to a bank account or such. Also, I can't imagine that anyone would even care about my login details. However, if I claim my password is secure, I'd like to be truthful. Dendrin said once upon a time in the long ago, he encountered the certificate issue but couldn't remember how he dealt with it.

Any significant issues? Just plow ahead?
Due to our very old version of VBulletin, it would be a lot of work to get Https implemented and could create forum instability since the new certificates are always changing. So yah, just have a password that isn't easily guessed by the random wanderer (1234, password, etc).