Go Back   The Lift & Carry Forums > Miscellaneous > General Discussion

Old January 12th, 2018, 01:57   #1
azamatbagatov
STANDARD

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
0 For This Post
0 Total
Default Getting beaten by a girl in a strength test

Has anyone got an experience of getting beaten by a girl in a strength test (wrestling ,arm wrestling ,tug of war ,etc) ?
Old January 14th, 2018, 01:46   #2
dwighth
STANDARD

0 For This Post
2 Total

Yes, i got beaten in armwrestling by a girl when we were both 13, she was strong as hell.
Old January 22nd, 2018, 14:56   #3
d92kq9510a

1 For This Post
5 Total

Yes, I sometimes fantasize about losing to a girl in arm wrestling. Or even watching her lift more weight than me.

I sometimes fantasize about losing to a girl in arm wrestling, and then she teases me a bit by giving a playful flex.
Who Said Thanks:
wxcv1897 (November 17th, 2018)
Old February 19th, 2018, 20:35   #4
Suede_shoes

0 For This Post
1 Total

Yeah
My girlfriend is 5?10, 180, and athletic. She trounces me and every other guy I work out with when it comes to leg strength. She maxes out the hip abduction machine at our gym. She calls it ?The Lady Doctor? lol. She does three sets of 10 at 300lbs. I?m 6?3 and around 180, and I can?t budge that weight. My other friends I work out with can?t match her either. She loves it because she?s very competitive.

She also won the Wall Sit challenge at our gym with 30 minutes and 2 seconds. If you don?t know what Wall Sits are, you should look it up and try it! It?s basically holding a squatting position for as long as you can. I can do about two minutes, most people can?t do a minute. Give it a try and let me know how you do! That will give you an idea how powerful her thighs are.
Old February 20th, 2018, 04:48   #5
allffcradles
VIPOS

0 For This Post
1,153 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suede_shoes View Post
Yeah
My girlfriend is 5?10, 180, and athletic. She trounces me and every other guy I work out with when it comes to leg strength. She maxes out the hip abduction machine at our gym. She calls it ?The Lady Doctor? lol. She does three sets of 10 at 300lbs. I?m 6?3 and around 180, and I can?t budge that weight. My other friends I work out with can?t match her either. She loves it because she?s very competitive.

She also won the Wall Sit challenge at our gym with 30 minutes and 2 seconds. If you don?t know what Wall Sits are, you should look it up and try it! It?s basically holding a squatting position for as long as you can. I can do about two minutes, most people can?t do a minute. Give it a try and let me know how you do! That will give you an idea how powerful her thighs are.
Obviously this is geared towards fm so not my thing so I won't be reading most of the thread but from a bit of lurking out of idleness will give my 2 cents... Someone I've known from mmos who admits she's weak upper body actually thinks women are stronger than men with the legs. I don't believe that at all however relative terms the gap between men and women should be smaller than with arm strength.

Strength is far from just about lifting, endurance and how strong someone hits shouldn't be forgotten though probably far few fetishists look for these things haha. Anyway I've known some females from kung fu that were really durable with arm conditioning, no they aren't as strong as a man in brute force but for some forms of endurance, toughness etc they beat most men. The smallest girl in my last class had a phenomenally strong spinning back kick but she wasn't strong anywhere near strong enough to carry me with her arms though she could carry over 200lbs on her back easier than I could!

In kicking power I have a very strong front kick, far stronger than my weight suggests but then that's not entirely power it's technique as well. The fabled Bruce Lee who was said to be 133'140lbs had an insane sidekick as we all heard (He was also a very strong lifter), anyway just something to think about with strength (I don't think of leglifts as carrying though it is carrying, if that makes any sense. I've never been aroused by seeing a woman lifted by the legs, am old school wanting it to be cradles or as close as possible to one )
Old February 20th, 2018, 16:11   #6
tjw1971
VIP Honored

1 For This Post
454 Total
Default Yep....

I believe it.
There are several things in play here, really.

For one, you have two kinds of muscle fibers. The shorter ones give quick bursts of strength, but it's the longer ones that give more endurance or stamina. Women tend to have more of the longer type, as I understand it. So while they may not excel at the really heavy lifts compared to guys, they're able to do things like those wall sits longer than most guys would be able to do them.

Then, you have the (pretty well accepted by now) fact that women have more lower body strength, compared to men having more upper body strength. So while the world record type leg presses and lifts still go to guys, there are a lot of women out there who have quite a bit of natural leg strength -- at least comparable to guys who don't do a lot of leg work in the gym on a regular basis.

And lastly? While I have no real scientific proof or studies to point at for this? I've observed, consistently, over the years that women often have stronger legs than guys at doing certain type of lifts. For example? I've seen a lot of women do leg extensions with hundreds of pounds on the machines. I remember seeing several of the female swim instructors at the YMCA lifting 120-140lbs. on leg extensions, casually, like it was no big deal, when they were hanging out in the Y's gym on a Saturday after finishing teaching a class. I don't think most guys would be able to walk in to a gym and just casually do leg extensions with that much weight, like it wasn't even difficult... That's just not a leg movement you tend to do with much weight in daily life.

The leg scissors is another one of those movements where I think women tend to be stronger. Again, how often do guys even use their leg muscles in that way - unless they're in a sport like wrestling where it's called for? Women have a different shape to their pelvis and hips though, so I wonder if that gives them a natural advantage with such things?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suede_shoes View Post
Yeah

Who Said Thanks:
raul2626 (December 26th, 2022)
Old February 20th, 2018, 18:00   #7
2010xsf
STANDARD

0 For This Post
59 Total

Hi !! my girlfriend are 5'6" and 162 pounds with a 25.5 inches thighs and i am 6'1" and 165 . She beat me in Indian leg Wrestling , she make 200 squats in a row me it's 125 . Wallsit for her is 5 minutes , me 2minutes and she beat me in sumo match !
Old February 20th, 2018, 23:04   #8
Suede_shoes

1 For This Post
1 Total

Obviously it depends on the man and it depends on the woman. In general men are stronger because in general men are bigger. Size does matter. But you get a man and a woman who are close to the same size and you get a better comparison.

A woman could easily have stronger legs/hips/thighs than a man if they're roughly the same size and build. The man might have the capacity to get bigger and stronger, but most of them don't.

Some women, like my girlfriend Jessica, who start out bigger and stronger than average and work out a lot are going to be stronger than even a lot of men who work out. *Most* people don't work out on a regular basis anyway. Most of my friends I go to the gym with are smaller than me and aren't necessarily fitness buffs. They just go to try to stay active and healthy. I push myself a little harder than most of them. They aren't shocked that they can't match her, because she's taller than they are and more fit. They probably fit in the category of "average" guy. Are there guy at our gym stronger than my GF? Definitely, but they're some big dudes. We're talking maybe the top 10%.

My cousin, however, is more of a fitness buff. He's about her height (just under 6 feet), and probably about 200 lbs if I had to guess. He can squat more than my GF, but he can't budge her weight on the adduction machine and has trouble keeping up with her on some of the other leg machines. She also slammed him leg wrestling. He was surprised but not shocked, because even though he's strong, her legs are visibly bigger.

And incidentally, the world record for Wall Sits is held by a teeny tiny asian woman. So there you go. Who else has a story? I could give more specific stories about Jessica at the gym... but someone else chime in!
Who Said Thanks:
phoneman (February 21st, 2018)
Old November 7th, 2018, 06:40   #9
nickeleyegold
STANDARD

0 For This Post
4 Total

I remember the last day in 8th grade everyone was arm wrestling each other even a lot of the girls and I remember getting beat by half the girls and i was on the football team! Still skinny tho but it was cool it gave me this different feeling of excitement

Last edited by nickeleyegold; November 7th, 2018 at 06:42.
Old November 7th, 2018, 06:41   #10
nickeleyegold
STANDARD

0 For This Post
4 Total

Also in 5th grade there was a boys vs girls tug of war and the girls won