Go Back   The Lift & Carry Forums > Miscellaneous > General Discussion

Old December 2nd, 2019, 15:30   #31
tjw1971
VIP Honored

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
4 For This Post
454 Total
Default re: getting a piggyback

I agree with whoever commented earlier that it's not at all uncommon for a girl to be able to piggyback at least 1.5x her own weight. The ones who lift weights or work out can pull off piggybacking 2x their weight or more, as can some who just seem to be genetically gifted in that respect.

When it comes to asking for one? I think it's just a random toss-up as to the responses you'll get. In the past, I've had a number of situations where I'd try to get one from one girl who flat out refused, saying "You're way too heavy for me!" or "I'm weak.... I can't give you one!" or whatever, which immediately prompted another girl there to offer one to me. The funny thing is, some of the best piggybacks I got from much smaller girls were in these situations, after the bigger girl I thought could give me the ride refused!

Leg strength is the main thing they need to support you, and a lot of women have some really strong legs. It's a lot more difficult for them to hold you up with their arms when you're riding, but some of them will get around that by leaning forward so more of your weight is resting on their back, and others are fine with you holding yourself up more by pushing on their shoulders and wrapping your legs around their waist. Every so often though, you find a girl with a lot of arm strength who really can hold you up there. (My female friend Diane used to be like that. Her brother was a competitive wrestler and used to practice with her all the time, so she got pretty strong and tough. When I weighed just under 200, I could piggyback her and purposely sit so pretty much all my weight was being held with her hands wrapped around my thighs. Just to see what she could do, I'd bounce on her while she carried me and she still held me tightly. Sometimes she'd bounce me up and down herself, once I tried to do it a couple times!)

It isn't *always* true, but usually, I find you can tell who can give you a good piggyback by looking at their legs in shorts or a skirt. If they've got calves that kind of bulge out when they go up on their tip-toes or just look big in proportion to the rest of their body/legs, they can probably give a good one. The girls that play sports like soccer and have kind of "thick" looking legs are another great bet. (A girl I know who used to be a soccer player back in her college days told me she weighed about 130lbs. back then at 5'6" and could easily carry around her boyfriend who was 5'10" and weighed 225-230.)

There's also always the possibility that a girl you're dating who likes you will let you goof around, making her support your weight a little bit as horseplay? I have a cousin who I noticed did that all the time with his last couple of girlfriends. He casually goes up behind them and puts his hands on her shoulders and then acts like he needs to stretch, pushing down on her and lifting his feet off the ground. He's tall and weighs around 230, and his previous g/f was shorter and only 125lbs. or so. She'd always pretend to complain when he did it, going "Uuurrghh...." and making a face, but stood there supporting his weight for as long as he wanted to hold himself up on her and was smiling and laughing about it afterwards each time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabre View Post
Wow! After reading some of these, now I'm curious. Personally, am quite into piggybacks, but have not unfortunately actualized yet. I hover around 230-240 atm (unsuccessfully on the weight loss grind :/), and I'm incredulous at the thought of a girl being able to piggyback me. If we had to strongly generalize, about how much times her weight could an average girl piggyback (AKA can i get one)? And for the heavier folks, do you find it more awkward trying to ask a lift, as the girl might be intimidated or discomforted at the thought of lifting someone heavy? Just trying to glean some advice

Last edited by tjw1971; December 2nd, 2019 at 15:55.
Who Said Thanks:
piggybackrides (December 7th, 2019), gsr3032000 (December 6th, 2019), gremlin_95 (December 4th, 2019), sabre (December 3rd, 2019)
Old December 2nd, 2019, 22:14   #32
shadowspider33
VIP

0 For This Post
73 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabre View Post
Wow! Is she unusually muscular or athletic or something? That is quite impressive
She is pretty athletic, played a lot of sports growing up etc. She has pretty muscular legs, thick for her size, and fairly big calves in porportion to her. Arms are pretty defined, but not crazy huge or anything, just looks athletic, and is pretty athletic.
Old December 3rd, 2019, 02:40   #33
greybeezer
Administrator

4 For This Post
1,411 Total

I've already documented many of my lifts on the forum but I'll summarize some here.

The heaviest I've ever been while lifted was 347 lbs and 2 different ladies lifted me at that weight. One was around 180-190 at the time and she did piggyback, donkey raises and shoulder rides including 1 short single shoulder sit. The other was 145 and she did strictly shoulder sits.

The lightest I have ever been was around 270 lbs and again mostly piggybacks and shoulder rides. I've had 3 different women give me shoulder rides where I've more then twice their weight.

347 on 145
317 on 138
302 on 125
Who Said Thanks:
shivamsingh123 (January 23rd, 2020), piggybackrides (December 7th, 2019), gremlin_95 (December 4th, 2019), sabre (December 3rd, 2019)
Old December 3rd, 2019, 05:25   #34
srfan
VIP

4 For This Post
46 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcwmod View Post
After many, many piggybacks I'd say the average girl can - without too much difficulty - handle 1,5-1,7 times her own weight. Once you cross "twice as big as her"-territory it gets VERY difficult to even get a ride, let alone her trying to go for as long as she can.
I think this is a realistic rule of thumb. However, the absolute weight of the lifter/liftee is somewhat of a factor too. Smaller girls are relatively stronger. More 110 lbs women will be able to piggyback 220 lbs, than there are 150 lbs women able to piggyback 300 lbs.

You can see the same effect in Strength level standards. For example, a woman of 90 pounds can deadlift her own bodyweight in the Novice category, while a woman of 160 gets no further as 0.92 times her bodyweight. The same pattern applies to women for other weightlifting disciplines.

Last edited by srfan; December 3rd, 2019 at 05:28. Reason: Clarification
Who Said Thanks:
gsr3032000 (January 29th, 2020), Cumulus (January 28th, 2020), winniethebeer (December 4th, 2019), cmcwmod (December 3rd, 2019)
Old December 3rd, 2019, 05:38   #35
srfan
VIP

0 For This Post
46 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeezer View Post
I've had 3 different women give me shoulder rides where I've more then twice their weight.

347 on 145
317 on 138
302 on 125
You mentioned that you have documented these lifts, but as a moderator your posting history is quite long. Could you briefly sketch the circumstances? How do you safeguard the woman against injuries with such a big difference?
Old December 3rd, 2019, 10:39   #36
greybeezer
Administrator

0 For This Post
1,411 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by srfan View Post
You mentioned that you have documented these lifts, but as a moderator your posting history is quite long. Could you briefly sketch the circumstances? How do you safeguard the woman against injuries with such a big difference?
If you look back through the session thread most of my lifts are there. Regardless of size the best way to safeguard against injury is to just stabilize yourself and don't move around, I use the ceilings or walls to help with that. I don't hold any of my weight but just putting the flats of your palms on the ceiling to help keep your weight from shifting makes a huge difference. I also let the lady dictate the pace, as long as she is comfortable it will be a lot easier. I've been told by many that I'm actually easier to lift then many of the guys much smaller then me because I balance my weight well.
Old December 3rd, 2019, 15:40   #37
mpaneole

0 For This Post
507 Total

Quote:
If you look back through the session thread most of my lifts are there. Regardless of size the best way to safeguard against injury is to just stabilize yourself and don't move around, I use the ceilings or walls to help with that. I don't hold any of my weight but just putting the flats of your palms on the ceiling to help keep your weight from shifting makes a huge difference. I also let the lady dictate the pace, as long as she is comfortable it will be a lot easier. I've been told by many that I'm actually easier to lift then many of the guys much smaller then me because I balance my weight well.
have u lifted in a cradle or front or bearhug?
Old December 3rd, 2019, 22:35   #38
greybeezer
Administrator

0 For This Post
1,411 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpaneole View Post
have u lifted in a cradle or front or bearhug?
No cradles, and only a handful of front lifts. I'm sure that quite a few could have done the front lift but to be honest I prefer them to save their strength and energy for shoulder rides as it's my favorite. For cradles I'm pretty broad across the chest and shoulders and most of the women strong enough to try had big chests and short arms making it difficult to get across my wide body.
Old December 7th, 2019, 00:41   #39
piggybackrides
VIP Honored

0 For This Post
790 Total
Quote:
I've already documented many of my lifts on the forum but I'll summarize some here.

The heaviest I've ever been while lifted was 347 lbs and 2 different ladies lifted me at that weight. One was around 180-190 at the time and she did piggyback, donkey raises and shoulder rides including 1 short single shoulder sit. The other was 145 and she did strictly shoulder sits.

The lightest I have ever been was around 270 lbs and again mostly piggybacks and shoulder rides. I've had 3 different women give me shoulder rides where I've more then twice their weight.

347 on 145
317 on 138
302 on 125
If I remember correctly, the 138 pound woman is Jennifer Thomas, and 125 was a friend of yours who doesn't do sessions. I don't remember the 145 pound woman though, but for her to give you shoulder rides at 347 is incredible. Does she do sessions by any chance?
Old December 7th, 2019, 03:45   #40
greybeezer
Administrator

0 For This Post
1,411 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by piggybackrides View Post
If I remember correctly, the 138 pound woman is Jennifer Thomas, and 125 was a friend of yours who doesn't do sessions. I don't remember the 145 pound woman though, but for her to give you shoulder rides at 347 is incredible. Does she do sessions by any chance?
Correct on the first two.