Old December 20th, 2020, 05:25   #21
phantom23
Banned

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
0 For This Post
473 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoneman View Post
Then he should not share at all. Did you ever think of that?

How could he know what will happen if he shares with anyone that he does not know? What would keep it from going public then?

What would happen if everyone agreed with that position?

That is a basic forum rule that has worked for many. If you do not like it, oh well.

You have been a member for 11 years and still not figured out what the basic rules are?
I'm pretty sure ppl are capable of using and contributing to the forum while also not being overly comfortable sharing something with every single member. If I want to talk to a member of the forum privately, who are you to tell me that all my convos need to be out here in public for all to see?

If that's a rule, it should be changed....basic common sense.
Old December 20th, 2020, 11:59   #22
greybeezer
Administrator

0 For This Post
1,411 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom23 View Post
I'm pretty sure ppl are capable of using and contributing to the forum while also not being overly comfortable sharing something with every single member. If I want to talk to a member of the forum privately, who are you to tell me that all my convos need to be out here in public for all to see?

People are also capable of using private messaging as a way to get around our copyright rules so they can trade pirated copyright clips. It has been a huge problem in the past and we take the protection of lift and carry producers material very seriously in this forum. Its been a rule for a very long time and is not about to change just to convience a couple members who want to trade material.

As far as who he is to tell you, he's a forum administrator we are the group that sets the guidelines that this forum runs by and while you may not agree with all our rules they have been put in place to better serve the lift and carry community as a whole. Disrespecting one of us or our rules is disrespecting all of us, we put a lot of voluntary time into the daily running of this board and over the years people have sometimes made it a living hell for the administration and forum hosts so if we sometimes come across a little short its mainly that we look after our administration duties as well as work long hours so sometimes we just respond quickly to a post and people nowadays get offended far to easily. All rules have been put in place to address major issues we have had in the past, some which have led to the closing of our original forums, maybe we take for granted that not everyone knows or rembers why a rule was put in place but you can trust that it was for a legitimate reason.

If you have something you would like to share with another member you can each create a thread in the help desk, while you won't be able to read each other's threads directly as they are only viewable by the individual we can copy your post and paste it into the other members as long as its not a copyright violation. Its your choice but I will say that while the admins will be able to see your post we take your privacy very seriously, and for the record administrators of any forum can actually view all private messaging anyway its embedded into all forum software so don't assume all messaging you post on a forum is completely private.
Old December 20th, 2020, 21:43   #23
phoneman
Administrator

0 For This Post
3,073 Total

Quote:

To be polite, I am one of the people who has been working on this forum for 11 years while you average less than 15 posts per year and benefit from the work of the unpaid administrators and many members.

Many members are very active and you benefit. Admins spend many hours here for zero compensation and you benefit.

I am also someone who can ban you from this forum, so please do not ask who I am to enforce forum rules, which have worked for 11 years. What you consider to be common sense is simply your desire to change the rules.

If you wish to leave because you do not like the rules, you are absolutely entitled to do so. Or you can keep this up and be banned. Either way works for me.
Old December 22nd, 2020, 23:19   #24
phantom23
Banned

0 For This Post
473 Total

I understand your point, Greybreezer....and I sympathize with some of the morons that I'm sure you guys have had to put up with. But do you know of any discussion boards on the planet that doesnt allow members to trade contact info?

Phoneman, I get you love the power that comes with being a L&C board mod, and while I appreciate the work that you administrators put in, let's not sit here and act like this is a Utopian society that has absolutely no room for improvement. Maybe be open to a couple suggestions now and then instead of trying to throw around how easily you can ban active members.

I appreciate greybreezer's explanation at least.

And you can say what you want, phoneman, but I provide plenty of content for this forum, so dont act like I just come in here and use everyone for their work and leave.

I get it....if sharing contact info is strictly about prohibiting copyright sharing, so be it. I just find it odd that no other forum that I know of has this rule.
Old December 23rd, 2020, 18:16   #25
phoneman
Administrator

0 For This Post
3,073 Total

Quote:
I understand your point, Greybreezer....and I sympathize with some of the morons that I'm sure you guys have had to put up with. But do you know of any discussion boards on the planet that doesnt allow members to trade contact info?

Phoneman, I get you love the power that comes with being a L&C board mod, and while I appreciate the work that you administrators put in, let's not sit here and act like this is a Utopian society that has absolutely no room for improvement. Maybe be open to a couple suggestions now and then instead of trying to throw around how easily you can ban active members.

I appreciate greybreezer's explanation at least.

And you can say what you want, phoneman, but I provide plenty of content for this forum, so dont act like I just come in here and use everyone for their work and leave.

I get it....if sharing contact info is strictly about prohibiting copyright sharing, so be it. I just find it odd that no other forum that I know of has this rule.
I do not like the "power" and really resent your comment. If I really were concerned with the power, you would no longer be a member. Perhaps the board would collapse without you. I do not know.

Remember you started this when you asked who I was to disagree with you. You still do not get it. You asked, I answered. Have you ever belonged to a forum before?

You have no clue how many thousands of hours the admins have each spent over the past eleven years. Nor do you seem to care.

Those are the rules here. You do not like the rule, just leave. We are not changing the rule because you disagree. Interesting, this rule has not been a problem for 3000 people for eleven years, but since you do not like it, the rule must be removed.

Conversation over. Period. Is that hard to understand?
Old December 23rd, 2020, 18:41   #26
phantom23
Banned

0 For This Post
473 Total

lol ok, guy
Old December 23rd, 2020, 23:12   #27
greybeezer
Administrator

3 For This Post
1,411 Total

Quote:
lol ok, guy
Laugh at that, I tried a polite respectful response now you're just trying to provoke a conflict with an admin. Actions have consequences, Its time people start learning this!
Who Said Thanks:
liftfan2003 (December 24th, 2020), phoneman (December 24th, 2020), Angeleye (December 23rd, 2020)
Old December 27th, 2020, 18:15   #28
AssMaster197
VIP

0 For This Post
213 Total

Can we go back to the original idea behind this thread and back to being civil as well please
Old February 22nd, 2021, 02:07   #29
AssMaster197
VIP

0 For This Post
213 Total

How do you determine how easy a cradle lift is?