PDA

View Full Version : Youtube....sloooooow

dendrin
March 8th, 2010, 23:53
I've noticed Youtube has been dreadfully slow the last couple months. Especially on the high defenition videos. I'm guessing they (Google) don't want to pay for the bandwidth upgrade seeing how Youtube doesn't really make money outside of a few ads.

phoneman
March 9th, 2010, 00:29
Either that or they have the same bandwidth and eat it up with ads and pop ups.

winniethebeer
March 9th, 2010, 01:56
check this:

http://youtube-global.blogspot.com/2010/02/speed-matters-introducing-youtube-video.html

you can see how your yotuube connection speed compares to the rest of the world

carrychris2009
March 9th, 2010, 04:28
I have some people who pointed out that videos were not play from my youtube group and they were right. the video info or page would pop up and the screen but the video would not play. wonder if this is connected with this.

carrychris2009
March 9th, 2010, 04:33
just went to youtube now. to check it out. you-tube says it is under temporary maintenance and will be usable soon. that might be it.

rwlm
March 10th, 2010, 08:58
just went to youtube now. to check it out. you-tube says it is under temporary maintenance and will be usable soon. that might be it. :crying: no, that is not the case, was not working before maintence and after maintence. 0F THE 12 GROUPS u have at carrychris2010 channel, only 2 groups work. ray's lift and carry group and ray's lift and carry from movies - f/m for both. and ray's other 3 groups work also. i had problems adding a clip approx 4 months ago, would not let me, and have not try since then. for both lift and carry groups have just now deleated all the video that was unavailable. i will do the same for other 3 groups soon. will also keep the clips under 500 clips for each group which is the limit allowed by youtube. chris my friend i really dont know what to say - maybe contact youtube and find out why. ALSO if u delete all the video's unavailable might help. U are welcome to copy all the clips i have if u decide to create 2 new groups a f/f group and a f/m group. best of luck and hope u get this problem fixed. ray

rwlm
March 10th, 2010, 09:31
I have some people who pointed out that videos were not play from my youtube group and they were right. the video info or page would pop up and the screen but the video would not play. wonder if this is connected with this. ALSO want to mention that i'm unable to get u group added to my groups. i joined, unjoined and join BUT your group does not come up, when i click show all groups. i also find that when i come to this forum, it is now taking me a lot longer, haft to wait 80 secs to get here. i get to youtube almost strait away on clicking, what's going on, why so long to get here at this forum. when u make a post, it nows takes forever it seems like before post is added. today is the slowest on record to add a post.

rwlm
March 10th, 2010, 10:51
I have some people who pointed out that videos were not play from my youtube group and they were right. the video info or page would pop up and the screen but the video would not play. wonder if this is connected with this. :hmm:is it possible that users whom had their youtube account suspended from uploads, whom also created youtube groups from this youtube account that was suspended, youtube have taken action to freeze their groups also. ? I NEVER DO UPLOADS, DONT KNOW HOW, ANYWAY, NEVER EXCEEDED the limit allowed is this the reason my groups are there, and not others?.

rwlm
March 12th, 2010, 11:24
ray has given his personal and expert advice on WHY l/c GROUPS Are not working anymore EXCEPT FOR MY 5 L/C GROUPS. AT CARRYCHRIS BOOSTING GROUP - THE REAL DEAL. and IF u try TO MODERATE VIDEO'S by this i mean deleating yhe unavailable clips YOUTUBE are giving owners hours of extra time to do so, under normal circustances when only take a few minutes, BUT for poor carrychris would time 4 months, lots of headacres and throwing tantums of what youtube has done to the owners of groups.

rwlm
March 13th, 2010, 07:53
YOUTUBE are AWARE of the many PROBLEMS they have. there is a bug in the system. they say they have fixed up youtube clips that are frozen or unable to play, BUT this seem not to be the case for youtube group clips. it up to the owners of these groups to report any issue they have thats not working. i have just reported, unable to remove clips from playlist, that are no longer available - i get a invalid request when i try. youtube knows about this problem but i still reported it. ALL u need to do is go to the bottom of youtube page, click on HELP, then click onto current site issues.

rwlm
March 15th, 2010, 06:10
:) i have check carrychris 2 other groups, the older ones, and they BOTH WORK.:) THE OLDER GROUP ARE CHRIS BOOSTING VIDEO'S and chris boosting group. both these older groups can be found at sarikaya43 channel or mine. i hope this helps chris in this present time, until his main group carrychris boosting group- the real deal starts working again. THIS is my last post to this thread.

rwlm
March 18th, 2010, 11:38
HAS ANYONE ELSE NOTICE YOUTUBE HAS CHANGE a few things on homepage.

carrychris2009
March 21st, 2010, 16:24
:) i have check carrychris 2 other groups, the older ones, and they BOTH WORK.:) THE OLDER GROUP ARE CHRIS BOOSTING VIDEO'S and chris boosting group. both these older groups can be found at sarikaya43 channel or mine. i hope this helps chris in this present time, until his main group carrychris boosting group- the real deal starts working again. THIS is my last post to this thread.

my main group is in fact working again. you-tube just did an overhaul. "Chris,s boosting club the real deal. thanks
btw the other groups are defunct but you-tube would not let me erase them.

hud01
March 22nd, 2010, 20:10
HAS ANYONE ELSE NOTICE YOUTUBE HAS CHANGE a few things on homepage.

Yeah and it annoying. The quick list is no longer a hyperlink at the top. it is now called the queue. I haven't found a way to access it unless you click on a video, then it shows up. Also, what is with this auto-play. If you don't click on a new video fast enough, it picks one for you.

Lastly, I cllicked on a video from one of my subscriptions and it is now a pay video. WTF.