PDA

View Full Version : Does any English native speaker do me a favor by identifying several words ?

kly_lin
June 13th, 2010, 09:54
Can any English native speaker here lend me a hand by identifying several words in an English interview?

The video is as follows:

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/TECH/web/06/03/han.han.china/index.html

05:44

hostess: "it must be like a high wire act though. I mean one wrong step and you must be in serious trouble,. How do you say what you want to say without being too outspoken"

18:43

hostess:“...anonymous faceless computer geeks tucked away somewhere...”

20:36

hostess:“...come across a very self-absorbed sort of bloke,do you have a moment of doubt at night, when you are blogging away...

please fill in the missing words where are replaced now by question marks. correct them as well if there are any errors in the other parts of the transcript as I am not sure if I have done it well.

Thank you very much.

Edited by Phoneman: This seemed the easiest way to answer your question

phoneman
June 14th, 2010, 00:24
kly lin. See response in your post.

kly_lin
June 14th, 2010, 02:57
Thank you very much, Phoneman, your answers are absolutely helpful, but I still have two questions re the same interview? Could you be kind enough one more time to make it clear to me?

18:43

hostess:?...anonymous faceless computer geeks tucked away ? ? somewhere...?

There are still two words missing in above, can you point it out what they are?

16:12

hostess: ... how great do you think the significance of without new voice?

Do you think the above transcript of the last question asked by the hostess is correct? Especially the last three words, I am not quite sure.

Thank you again.

phoneman
June 14th, 2010, 23:48
"tucked away in some garden shed" somewhere

"how great do you think the significance of that move was?"

kly_lin
June 15th, 2010, 04:07
Thanks Phoneman, really appreciate it.