PDA

View Full Version : Please help! I can not see any videos

up
January 23rd, 2011, 02:27
I didn't want to bother you about it, i tried to find the solution my self, but i couldn't. Since at about 2 weeks i can not see the videos inside the posts. I can only see some big empty windows with nothing inside them. Nothing happens even if i click on those. The funny thing is, that i can not even see the video links i had posted myself in the past. They had to do youtube videos. Anybody else has (or had) this probelm? Any solution? Thanks in advance

dendrin
January 23rd, 2011, 06:43
I would try updating your browser to the latest version, and restoring it to default settings. I don't think anyone else has had the problem.

pillhuhn1
January 23rd, 2011, 09:46
May be it is a problem with your video player. Try to update it or install it new.

up
January 23rd, 2011, 12:05
I would try updating your browser to the latest version, and restoring it to default settings. I don't think anyone else has had the problem.

Thank you dedrin! I am running internet explorer 7. I will update it to the Explorer 8. I will now travel away. Whatever the problem is, i will mention it in 2 weeks, just for the record.

up
January 23rd, 2011, 12:15
May be it is a problem with your video player. Try to update it or install it new.

Thanks! I have 3 or 4 video players. The thing is that they work playing the videos. (For example if someone has uploaded a link to rapidshare and co.).
What doesn't work are the posted links to youtube videos. I have this problem since the last two weeks. (As i told you i can not even see the youtube videos i posted myself). I can only see a big empty box there. What can you see by the way? I guess you can play directly the youtube videos from our forum, isn't it?

dp
January 23rd, 2011, 14:16
If changing browsers does not help, I suggest reinstalling Adobe Flash. It is the Flash plugin that is responsible for the Youtube videos.

pillhuhn1
January 24th, 2011, 10:21
Thanks! I have 3 or 4 video players. The thing is that they work playing the videos. (For example if someone has uploaded a link to rapidshare and co.).
What doesn't work are the posted links to youtube videos. I have this problem since the last two weeks. (As i told you i can not even see the youtube videos i posted myself). I can only see a big empty box there. What can you see by the way? I guess you can play directly the youtube videos from our forum, isn't it?

Yes I can see the videos dirctly from the forum. If the players ane not the reason for the problem and the browser update does not help, you could try to use firefox instead of internet explorer.

up
January 25th, 2011, 23:03
Thanks again to all of you! I can't wait to come back from my travel to try your suggestions... :)

up
February 4th, 2011, 23:57
Hello again: I wanted to keep the same browser, so i upgraded my Internet Explorer 7 to 8.
Nothing changed. I then re-installed the Flash Player. This didn?t work too. As far as I know, there is no further problem with my video Players. The only think that worked, was to run the ?Safari? browser. I really don?t get it. :hmm:Does anybody else runs IE8? I really wanted to keep it, because I was used to it. Thanks again.