PDA

View Full Version : 6'3" tall actress added to TV series

phoneman
July 9th, 2011, 18:14
"Game of Thrones" is an HBO series, which just finished its first season.

Gwendoline Christie has been added as a new character for next season. She is 6'3" tall and her character in the underlying book has the "strength of a man"

Has some real potential.

Oh, by the way, the series takes place maybe 1000 years ago among varying kings and kingdoms and the battles between them. Next season I expect that there will be dragons involved, based on how the first season ended. If you like that type of thing, it was pretty good, even without the new added Amazon

aloknath
July 9th, 2011, 19:03
"Game of Thrones" is an HBO series, which just finished its first season.

Gwendoline Christie has been added as a new character for next season. She is 6'3" tall and her character in the underlying book has the "strength of a man"

Has some real potential.

Oh, by the way, the series takes place maybe 1000 years ago among varying kings and kingdoms and the battles between them. Next season I expect that there will be dragons involved, based on how the first season ended. If you like that type of thing, it was pretty good, even without the new added Amazon

It is a great series. Does the first book a lot of justice. I have not read beyond the first book in the series. Anyone familiar with the series recall if Gwendoline Christie's character has any lift opportunities?

girlfights
July 9th, 2011, 19:34
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Game of Thrones I am on the 4th book right now, and have the 5th coming when it is released in 3 days!

aloknath
July 9th, 2011, 19:52
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Game of Thrones I am on the 4th book right now, and have the 5th coming when it is released in 3 days!

I loved the first book and am trying to resist the temptation of reading the second one. I just want to go into the second season of the tv series without knowing what happens. But that's a year away and I'm already starting to lose the fight against book 2 temptation.

LilMatty
July 9th, 2011, 20:45
They have a little person on that show.. Hopefully she lifts him a lot..

girlfights
July 9th, 2011, 21:59
Tyrion and Brienne don't have any scenes together as of book 4. sorry...

aloknath
July 9th, 2011, 22:22
Girlfights, have you read any other books by Martin? I heard he wrote a pretty good vampire novel.

bravesirrobin
July 9th, 2011, 22:36
its an absolutely amazing series of books and the tv show was excellent as well, currently waiting on tenterhooks for the new book which comes out this week, the actress gwendoline christie is playing brienne who as far as i recall doesn't lift anybody but she certainly beats a load of men up, but who knows maybe they will put some lifting into the script

girlfights
July 9th, 2011, 22:36
I haven't read any of his other books yet..

winniethebeer
July 9th, 2011, 23:54
i love the opening sequence :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7L2PVdrb_8

and...dragons!

http://winter-is-coming.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/GOT-Finale-Dragon.jpg

p.s. - for those new to the series Amazon has the 4 books for 20 dollars (almost 1000 pages each, great deal).

phoneman
July 10th, 2011, 01:18
Wow, who would have guessed that there were so many Games of Thrones fans on this board. Maybe next season when they start the new episodes, we can have a thread discussing the show.

girlfights
July 10th, 2011, 01:39
I;m a big fantasy nerd.. I love True Blood on HBO too.,,,

dendrin
July 10th, 2011, 03:17
I noticed the wildling women carried the youngest Stark boy in the final episode. He is young, but still big enough that its not something you would see done by most directors. Since they are following the book closely though any lift will probably be attempted, if there are any more....

girlfights
July 10th, 2011, 03:52
Bran was crippled in the fall.. so yes, he has to be carried everywhere...

Leobor
July 10th, 2011, 08:13
There are many lifts in book, but mainly MF. The only other lift I could think of is in third or fourth book when princess Sansa lifts young (and weak) boy in that "Unreachable" castle when they have to get away from it (with his mother and her lover - Littlefinger). Brienna didnt lift anyone so long, so we will have to wait next book.

BTW - I didnt watch the TV series so long, so I have to ask - is it good? (question for the ones which read all the books!).

phoneman
July 10th, 2011, 13:08
I;m a big fantasy nerd.. I love True Blood on HBO too.,,,

Are there other True Blood fans here? If there are some and you guys want, there is no reason why we can't have a True Blood discussion thread. Of course, I doubt that there will be any L/C in the thread since there really hasn't been any that I remember in the show.

Are people interested?

RachelFights
July 10th, 2011, 15:22
Are there other True Blood fans here? If there are some and you guys want, there is no reason why we can't have a True Blood discussion thread. Of course, I doubt that there will be any L/C in the thread since there really hasn't been any that I remember in the show.

Are people interested?

Lol! I am both a huge Game of Thrones and True Blood Fan and would definitely be interested. I keep waiting for a female vampire to do an over the shoulder lift with an unconscious male or female as they should easily have the strength to do it as vampires but none yet...:(

girlfights
July 10th, 2011, 16:05
There are many lifts in book, but mainly MF. The only other lift I could think of is in third or fourth book when princess Sansa lifts young (and weak) boy in that "Unreachable" castle when they have to get away from it (with his mother and her lover - Littlefinger). Brienna didnt lift anyone so long, so we will have to wait next book.

BTW - I didnt watch the TV series so long, so I have to ask - is it good? (question for the ones which read all the books!).

The tv show is all kind of awesome. Has to be,, it had Sean Bean in it :)

girlfights
July 10th, 2011, 16:07
You know what bugged me, on True Blood? There is an episode 3rd season,, Bill kills a werewolf in Sookie's house.. He is cleaning up. but he waits til she helps him to move the body.. vampire strength,,, hello? I hate when they forget things..

Leobor
July 10th, 2011, 16:39
Girls, I have to say you surprised me a little bit. I guess I had some presumptions about girls which do stuff like that on net. Of course, surprice is VERY positive. :thumbup2:

BTW - Thanks "girlfights". Now I have to watch it.

girlfights
July 10th, 2011, 20:11
I am a HUGE nerd,, I love Dr Who too.. :) Played in a Larp... Own lots of superhero costumes... I could go on and on.. lol...

Leobor
July 10th, 2011, 21:29
I am a HUGE nerd,, I love Dr Who too.. :) Played in a Larp... Own lots of superhero costumes... I could go on and on.. lol...

YOU ARE A LARP-ER??? I always thought it is a little bit too much (and BTW I trained sport and combat fencing for 7 years). I am on the wrong planet... :D

girlfights
July 10th, 2011, 21:37
No way.. LARPS are awesome... live the video game, live action A.D&D

winniethebeer
July 11th, 2011, 00:09
No Breaking Bad fans? :(:laugh:

allffcradles
July 11th, 2011, 00:11
I watched it all too and boy I hate the Lannisters! Especially that incest bastard king sure hope he gets whats coming to him. Though she's just a child for now I quite liked Eddard's youngest daughter, as she's quite a fighter and I don't think she will do well at pretending to be a boy for long :)

There was only one cradle as far as I can remember in the series and it was an mf

Anyone read Raymond.E.Feist's novels? They are beyond excellent and would blow the tv or big screen away if ever they were made into those forms. I got to meet the guy 5 years ago:D

As for vampire stuff in general I think they take up way too much time and space, True Blood, Twilight (Which I call Toilet) etc.... Too many I personally hate vampires but I do watch vamp stuff for the carries!

girlfights
July 11th, 2011, 00:53
nope on the breaking bad for me anyway... oh and I forgot " The Walking Dead" love that show

I read some Feist a few years back... reading wise.. I love Wheel of Time Series... Anita Blake Vampire Hunter Series by Laurell K Hamilton (love the first 6 or 8.. they are becoming all sex books though later on) I love all of Bernard Cornwell's work (Sharpe Series, The Archers saga) I love historical fantasy....

allffcradles
July 11th, 2011, 03:18
Orc's Blood is a very different fantasy series, full of swearing and told from the orc's perspective, now that's different! Of course I'm not keen on finding carries there of orcs, no offence to any orcs on this forum :)

Feist's stuff had some carries from what I've read, though some was m/m so not a turn on, I liked his books cos of how gritty they are, not like Lord of the Rings and the stories themselves had many different levels of characters and even dimensions, he sure is a cruel writer too. I did ask him about that, his response was it's not a Bond movie people have to die :thumbup2:

Regarding Sharpe, my cousin was a huge fan... The last Sharpe they made to my knowledge had a blonde, who didn't get carried at all! I was very disappointed, Sharpe did threaten he'd carry her but he didn't carry it out, the media really cheats us carry fans all too often :mad:

aloknath
July 11th, 2011, 09:28
I'm a Breaking Bad fan. Best drama to come on TV since The Wire/Deadwood/The Sopranos went off the air!

winniethebeer
July 11th, 2011, 21:50
I'm a Breaking Bad fan. Best drama to come on TV since The Wire/Deadwood/The Sopranos went off the air!

better call Saul! :laugh:

http://www.bettercallsaul.com/

tallgirlfan
August 21st, 2011, 09:57
This is great a girl who is 6'3"???? I'm glad shows are being more open to women taller than usual and i thought it was awesome when they had Linda Carter or Lucy Lawless on tv :D but this is even better hopefully some short guy like about 5'6"-7" stands next to her a lot for a good comparison and maybe she can lift him 8)

dendrin
September 26th, 2011, 06:27
Breaking Bad sure started out slow this season but tonights episode was amazing. Like one of the best television episodes of all time amazing :)

papaki
September 26th, 2011, 22:31
Anything worthwhile lifting-wise dendrin???

letoavon
October 8th, 2022, 17:17
Love to see a random tall girl on tv .