PDA

View Full Version : Getting treatment for the L&C fetish

ibmsony101
July 10th, 2011, 23:03
I was reading an article on wiki that indicated that fetishes are classified as mental disorders.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraphilia

I have never looked at L&C this way. It sure takes time and money (sessions, videos , site membership, travel, web browsing) that could be put to more useful pursuits. However, people have hobbies and interests that take time and money.

L&C is a fetish - that got me wondering if this is something that those who have it should seek treatment for it. It has not adversely effected my life in any way that I can see. Should I just ignore it or wait until I am an old man who still gets excited watching an acrobatic act with a female base or have a collection of pictures and videos of that? I doubt that a psychiatrist would be able to eliminate a deep seated interest like that. May be I should be grateful that I do not have an extreme or destructive fetish.

dendrin
July 10th, 2011, 23:43
I was reading an article on wiki that indicated that fetishes are classified as mental disorders.

I have never looked at L&C this way. It sure takes time and money (sessions, videos , site membership, travel, web browsing) that could be put to more useful pursuits. However, people have hobbies and interests that take time and money.

L&C is a fetish - that got me wondering if this is something that those who have it should seek treatment for it. It has not adversely effected my life in any way that I can see. Should I just ignore it or wait until I am an old man who still gets excited watching an acrobatic act with a female base or have a collection of pictures and videos of that? I doubt that a psychiatrist would be able to eliminate a deep seated interest like that. May be I should be grateful that I do not have an extreme or destructive fetish.

Like anything, it could be harmful if you do not moderate your interest in it. The best way to prevent not getting "carried away" by it is plan a daily schedule, limit your budget/month in regards to it, and overall limit your computer or "surfing" time each day to something reasonable. Easier said than done I know.

allffcradles
July 11th, 2011, 00:03
Mental disorders?! I think that's a step far, sure there are plenty of crazy fetishes that are harmful but technically doesn't most people have at least one thing that turns them on? Feet has been common throughout history and cultures and it's probably by far the most common fetish out there, it's regarded as a fetish but it's definitely quite common....

I think it its a fetish that harms people in some way then yes it's wrong for sure otherwise... Anyway I don't accept, this is a very clean fetish in comparison to others, if its mixed with domination and unconscious and knockouts or necro then perhaps not so clean.... I'm not so keen on throat lifts for example, a very dangerous way to lift someone

Junkies19
July 11th, 2011, 00:06
I pretty much agree with dendrin, if it is at a point where it has a negative impact in other areas of your life then you should definitely seek help, but I would just monitor my daily schedule just to make sure I'm not going overboard.

Liftluvver
July 11th, 2011, 12:10
Agreed, Junkies...no harm, no foul... :thumbup1:

Leobor
July 11th, 2011, 13:35
Eh... Have you ever thought are you spending much money on Coca-Cola, coffe, fancy clothing or going out on parties? Anything can have a negative impact on life, it is just important not to be carried away.

aloknath
July 11th, 2011, 13:49
There's a distinction between a paraphilia and a fetish though.

When you have a fetish it's a more secondary thing. It's something that turns you on, enhances your sexual experiences without co-opting it.

A paraphilia is something that totally replaces your desire for 'normal' sex. Like if you can't have sex without an L&C element being present, that would be a paraphilia. And this is very likely to adversely affect your life in terms of relationships and sexual performance. You'd have to be very very very lucky indeed to find a partner who has the same paraphilia!

allffcradles
July 11th, 2011, 19:50
Agreed, Junkies...no harm, no foul... :thumbup1:

Speaking of No Harm No foul, does anyone have those stories? Someone in the lc community wrote some stories many years ago when I was new to lc on the internet and they've disappeared, good stories, about a guy that had a device that can create a separate instance of a scenario so he can carry a woman he wants to without infringing on her personal space in the 'real' world. Also he could look up anyone's history as a liftee, my favourite was the last story which involved a nice blonde he works for who's a tv present if I remember correctly. She was a mean woman and had been carried very rarely in her adult life so he and his friend decide to remedy that. It started with his friend pretending to be a gunman who demands that the woman is carried over the man's shoulder :D

Anyway anyone has this story?

ibmsony101
July 12th, 2011, 01:18
Very enlightening posts.

trashcanman
July 12th, 2011, 18:02
Eh... Have you ever thought are you spending much money on Coca-Cola, coffe, fancy clothing or going out on parties? Anything can have a negative impact on life, it is just important not to be carried away.

I spend waaaay more on Cola than l&c:)

Liftluvver
July 12th, 2011, 18:43
...it is just important not to be carried away.

No pun intended? :laugh::laugh:

Leobor
July 12th, 2011, 20:26
No pun intended? :laugh::laugh:

I noticed that too after I wrote it, but it looked cool so I didnt gave any extra-explenations. 8)

Leobor
July 12th, 2011, 20:30
I spend waaaay more on Cola than l&c:)

Thing about Coca-Cola is it cant empty your budget, but it can be bad for your health. I know some guy which drunk about 3-4 litres a day, and on one regular basketball game with his buddies his hand just broke when he catched a ball. Reason - Cola reduces calcium level, so his bones became like a butter.

aloknath
July 12th, 2011, 20:31
Thing about Coca-Cola is it cant empty your budget, but it can be bad for your health. I know some guy which drunk about 3-4 litres a day, and on one regular basketball game with his buddies his hand just broke when he catched a ball. Reason - Cola reduces calcium level, so his bones became like a butter.

Not to mention the diabetes and tooth rot.

Tenshius
July 13th, 2011, 15:49
Hm, interesting... I've never spent a dime on it. I do like to lift a girl and carry her to bed, then remove her clothes and so on. Sometimes it really adds to the element... In all regards and purposes it is a fetish, but why would anyone consider a fetish to be a mental disorder?

Lifter
July 13th, 2011, 18:32
Damn. In my real life I love carrying ladies and I do it any chance I get. I will carry them before sex as well. I enjoy it, they seem to enjoy it, no complaints so far, so why would I worry about what I like? As long as it's consensual, what's the problem? Some people worry needlessly. As I said before, fetishes are NORMAL, what's abnormal is to have no fetishes.

ibmsony101
August 2nd, 2011, 00:43
Damn. In my real life I love carrying ladies and I do it any chance I get. I will carry them before sex as well. I enjoy it, they seem to enjoy it, no complaints so far, so why would I worry about what I like? As long as it's consensual, what's the problem? Some people worry needlessly. As I said before, fetishes are NORMAL, what's abnormal is to have no fetishes.

What woman does not want to be carried! It is the poor guys who are into the reverse fetish who have a hard time getting their fix. When the internet was just becoming popular and a few L&C boards started I was a young teen. I communicated w/ older l&C fans who lamented not having an opportunity to be carried by their wives due to their increased weight and the frailty of their aging wives.

As I recall, there was a lucky middle aged man who must be past retirement by now who posted a couple pics of his wife carrying him. She was apparently quite athletic in her younger days and naturally strong. She would take him for long piggyback rides in the woods. His grown daughters, if I recall correctly, also gave him rides. A zany aging hippy who went by the wizard of Hamilton was quite successful in getting women to carry him on regular basis. Also, there were a few others (Nero, etc), but for the most part the regular guys were watchers and not doers.

tallgirlfan
August 21st, 2011, 09:52
A zany aging hippy who went by the wizard of Hamilton was quite successful in getting women to carry him on regular basis. Also, there were a few others (Nero, etc), but for the most part the regular guys were watchers and not doers.

Interesting you bring up the wizard of hamilton i always wondered did he convince women he met randomly(like on the street or at a grocery store) to lift him? or were these women that were his friends lifting him??

It would be interesting to know if he was able to pull this off with women who were complete strangers to him...

tallgirlfan
August 21st, 2011, 10:04
A paraphilia is something that totally replaces your desire for 'normal' sex. Like if you can't have sex without an L&C element being present, that would be a paraphilia. And this is very likely to adversely affect your life in terms of relationships and sexual performance. You'd have to be very very very lucky indeed to find a partner who has the same paraphilia!

Sometimes fetishes or paraphilia can be dangerous things especially since you mention: "something that totally replaces your desire for 'normal' sex." Something like that might make your partner uncomfortable.

Fetishes can also be fickle things sometimes you feel drawn towards a certain fetish and other times you don't even like that fetish anymore :cursing:

Some people have many fetishes and they cycle through them.

Liftluvver
August 22nd, 2011, 15:14
...a lucky middle aged man who must be past retirement by now who posted a couple pics of his wife carrying him. She was apparently quite athletic in her younger days and naturally strong. She would take him for long piggyback rides in the woods. His grown daughters, if I recall correctly, also gave him rides.

IBM..., that was me. The daughters however were not daughters, but friends of my daughter. I am divorced and re-married now to a woman who indulges my L&C wishes whenever I wish! Life is good...however, I will never again post pics of any family member or acquaintance lifting anyone. That way, my life should remain very good! :thumbup1:

ibmsony101
January 19th, 2015, 11:25
IBM..., that was me. The daughters however were not daughters, but friends of my daughter. I am divorced and re-married now to a woman who indulges my L&C wishes whenever I wish! Life is good...however, I will never again post pics of any family member or acquaintance lifting anyone. That way, my life should remain very good! :thumbup1:

Glad to have heard from you. For some reason, I looked on this old thread that I have not looked on for many years, only to find your comment.... I am glad that you are happily married to woman who indulges your L&C wishes. I understand why you would not post personal pictures. You would be glad to know that all the pictures that I saved from those days were wiped out in hard drive crash and I have not seen them resurface. It is good to have boundaries. I hope that would know how lucky you are... Most women that I have ever known would not entertain the idea, either out of fear of getting hurt or for thinking it silly or unmanly for a man to want to be lifted by a woman. Those who find partners who are both welling and able are lucky indeed.

dodge77
January 21st, 2015, 04:45
I've often wondered if my desire to be lifted by a bigger woman is a bad thing. But I don't care. I'm a little intimidated, embarrassed when being around some bigger women and my wife sees it...but inside I'm loving it.

ibmsony101
February 8th, 2015, 22:42
I've often wondered if my desire to be lifted by a bigger woman is a bad thing. But I don't care. I'm a little intimidated, embarrassed when being around some bigger women and my wife sees it...but inside I'm loving it.

At least, a bigger woman would have an easier time lifting you. Those who prefer to be lifted by smaller women in a non-traditional lifts (more acrobatic style lifts) will have a very hard time satisfying their desires.

Muscle_Chick_Fan
February 10th, 2015, 18:07

I couldn't agree with you more, ibmsony101, thank you VERY MUCH for mentioning this! Although most of my very small-minded coworkers and acquaintances think otherwise, I see no problem with this and/or any other sexual proclivity (http://www.HumanSexMap.com) that I have - other than the fact that it requires a lot of time and money - just like a regular hobby does. Now if it was the type of sexual proclivity (http://www.HumanSexMap.com) that dealt with Violence (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violence) and Blood - mainly against other Persons - then I could definitely see how it could raise some eyebrows and give cause for alarm, like what many of us saw in those HOSTEL (http://www.denofgeek.us/movies/18759/what’s-happened-to-the-hostel-series) movies, or as in the Real Life cases of Jeffrey Dahmer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Dahmer) and Ted Bundy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Bundy). However, I am sure that most of us here (http://www.landcforum.com/forums) are just simply exploring (one of) our freaky/sexual sides, which is largely misunderstood by those who are not turned on by female bodybuilders and muscular women like the way we are. :confused1: :thumbup1:

-are you inserting these links yourself or do you have malware? We consider this spamming -d

peterkin1010
May 20th, 2015, 09:36
Lift and Carry might be termed a fetish but it is a wonderful one for me. It certainly doesn't need any treatment provided it isn't hurting anyone. I get massively turned on by being carried by a lady but so what?

Chaza
May 20th, 2015, 11:00
I am familiar with this article. I wouldn't go so far as to say "a disorder" I think that terms of positively out of date. Much like being homosexual (a simular discussion was had 30-40 years ago), if you have a fetish there is absolutely nothing wrong with you!

Zestra (link here (http://www.zestra.com/blog/index.php/sex-fetishes-what-causes-them/)) discusses this topic. And discusses the possible causation of fetishes in general. The blog theorsisises that fetishing can be imprinted (associated with sex at an early age), caused by displacement (it could be we were not lifted much as children) or even neurological.

People who are prone to kinkinesses and fetishes via a neurological standpoint, may have slight neurological imbalances.... (Infact I don't like using the word imbalance, as this refers to there being a norm)... this is where associations in the brain are cross wired slightly differently.

As being someone slightly dyspraxic: a neurological disorder, scientifically proven to make me more prone to picking up sexual fetishes. I can personally say, all theories above are applicable to myself. You can get treatment, to get it to "go away". But you can also apply the same treatment to fundermenally change any aspect of your personality.

I have chosen to embrace my fetish. After all, it's who I am and nothings wrong with that :).

ibmsony101
May 28th, 2015, 08:51
Thank you very much for this helpful post. I have wondered for many years as to why I would have such a strange fetish though I am grateful that it is not dangerous or harmful.

I am familiar with this article. I wouldn't go so far as to say "a disorder" I think that terms of positively out of date. Much like being homosexual (a simular discussion was had 30-40 years ago), if you have a fetish there is absolutely nothing wrong with you!

Zestra (link here (http://www.zestra.com/blog/index.php/sex-fetishes-what-causes-them/)) discusses this topic. And discusses the possible causation of fetishes in general. The blog theorsisises that fetishing can be imprinted (associated with sex at an early age), caused by displacement (it could be we were not lifted much as children) or even neurological.

People who are prone to kinkinesses and fetishes via a neurological standpoint, may have slight neurological imbalances.... (Infact I don't like using the word imbalance, as this refers to there being a norm)... this is where associations in the brain are cross wired slightly differently.

As being someone slightly dyspraxic: a neurological disorder, scientifically proven to make me more prone to picking up sexual fetishes. I can personally say, all theories above are applicable to myself. You can get treatment, to get it to "go away". But you can also apply the same treatment to fundermenally change any aspect of your personality.

I have chosen to embrace my fetish. After all, it's who I am and nothings wrong with that :).

Mark G
May 29th, 2015, 14:38
Lift and Carry might be termed a fetish but it is a wonderful one for me. It certainly doesn't need any treatment provided it isn't hurting anyone. I get massively turned on by being carried by a lady but so what?

My feelings exactly :thumbup1:

aloknath
May 31st, 2015, 00:18
I think fetishes (including ours) demand treatment when they hurt either others or the person with the fetish in some way. For example, if someone can only achieve sexual release/arousal with the fetish that is bound to cause some very serious relationship problems and issues with connecting to women. Very few people are lucky enough to find a woman who is willing to indulge the L&C fantasy. If you're not that lucky, you're screwed.

Also, there are people (and I was one of them for a while until I changed my habits with great effort) who do become a little addicted to it and spend multiple hours a day looking for photos and spending a ton of money they cannot afford just to get a glimpse of a lift or two. I can say from personal experience that that is not healthy by any standard.