PDA

View Full Version : any old timers

beach700
September 18th, 2011, 19:09
how did people cope with lift and carry fetish before the internet in the late 90's? did they imagine or make people do it for them? i am asking this because i can't think of how i would survive without the internet :D

mebalshaw
September 18th, 2011, 19:45
You didn't survive as such, you just looked at magazines and so forth, or in my case took your own photos. I was a senior engineer in a factory with 600 girls, and as I'd done photography as a hobby since I was 12, it was fairly easy to arrange for photos. The main problem for me was that I thought I was the only person in the world who liked it, and I would have been more than a little embarrassed if anyone had found out.:blushing:

The strange thing was that the signs were there that other people liked l&c, I just chose to ignore it. I remember one time when I was taking photos of one girl (Maria, who was really strong) carrying her friend (who must have weighed around 140lbs) in a cradle, and this lad was saying to her "carry me next, carry me next, I only weigh 120lbs". I could have got her to do it if I'd asked, as she loved showing off her strength, but it never occurred to me that he might like being carried.

I suppose in some ways I've had it easy, since I'm not into FM carries, just FF and me carrying the girls (and I've done a lot of that);)

When the internet came along and the Yahoo! groups opened and then the forerunners to this site, it was like all my Christmasses had come at once.

Liftluvver
September 19th, 2011, 15:09
Mebalshaw, I gotta agree a hundred percent with that. Before the internet, I used to try to convince my daughter's (girl) friends to lift and carry one another. Fortunately, she was a cheerleader and her friends were usually pretty athletic, and sporty enough to do it. It was the best I could do at the time, and one or two lifts a MONTH was all I could realistically hope for. Then the net and the DtV site, and it's been pretty good since then! ;)