PDA

View Full Version : Video Networking Lift and carry website?

Chaza
September 28th, 2011, 18:16
Hey everyone. I think we are are aware about youtube's policy on anything fetish or sexual related including our lift and carry clips (although most are pretty innocent).

I recently had one of my videos flagged and taken off youtube (probably rightly so baring in mind it was blatantly fetish orientated. I just want to know, is there a website or an existing video networking site in which people use to put up these lift and carry clips without them being posted down 4 months later?

If so I feel we should try to advertise this in order to make it more mainstream. If not i really feel we should move on from being highly dependent on youtube. Rapidshare, megaupload and all these file upload website don't really cut it as far as im concerned as there are no services showing related videos or providing a way to comment on the video.

Does anyone have any ideas? Basically what im looking for is a slack ruled youtube?

dendrin
September 28th, 2011, 22:45
Nothing really comes close. The biggest reason being there is no incentive for anyone to create such a site as there isn't much profit in it, just exorbitant bandwidth costs. Youtube didn't start making a profit until last year when full video and pop up ads were fully implemented by Google and their billion dollar engine. I bet the only reason Google doesn't charge us normal users who aren't ad worthy is they want us for their upcoming social network site to take on facebook.

Chaza
September 28th, 2011, 23:43
You make a good point. I feel the video clips on offer at the website (most of which come from megaupload or other file hosting websites). Generally are pretty reliable. The issue is finding them!

Theoretically:

I feel there could be a way to actually structure the distribution of the clips available from file-hosted sites .

For example a website wouldn't need to host the clip itself just provide a search bases to track down a file-hosted clip or video. I know the forum already provide this, however I'm talking about expanding this idea.

There could then provide a way to put tags in each post in order for the system to use this information in a "related videos" section of the website which could list say 20 links which are similar in description when posted.

We have elements of this in our forum however so maybe I'm being too much of a perfectionist. I do also apologize if i sound a bit pushy XD.

I also acknowledge that this being a forum everything is posted in to a category, this means there is less of a need for say a "Related link section". However I must confess that finding these topics are hard to find and there are a lot of duplicated threads (this can't really be stopped even with the best mods in the world).

The point

Ill get down to the point.

1. putting "tags" in each new post containing a link to a video

2. Creating a "related link" section.

What do you think of this idea? I might be missing something fundamental, for that i apologize. I am also aware that doing this may not actually be possible anyways :D.

I also apologize that this topic is probably out of place in the forum. I guess it has turned in to more of a theoretical suggestion now :S.

dendrin
September 29th, 2011, 22:06
I think you have some good ideas. Since VBulletin supports tags a lot of what you want is built in. For instance if we used tags and someone clicked on the piggyback tag it should show all posts marked with this tag. Since we don't have separate threads for lift types, this would be a nice feature for fans of only one lift type.

As for the related posts, that would be a little more complicated and would involve comparing all the tags, general text, and more. It would take an experienced web programmer to write a mod and cost a lot of money to be done right I think. I will run the first idea by the other admins to see their opinion.

dendrin
October 1st, 2011, 18:56
It appears there is no forum mod that allows individual posts to be tagged, just entire threads :( If you come across something let us know.