PDA

View Full Version : Imagebam Android problem

TheWolfe
February 25th, 2013, 14:28
Does anyone else on here access Imagebam on an Android mobile device?

Lately the banner ads on Imagebam have - without me clicking on them - hijacked my browser to adtracker.king.com which opens my phone's app for the Google Play Store, attempting to get me to buy a game. Clicking the back button repeats the cycle a couple of times before the hijacks stop and I'm finally able to view the pic. I understand Imagebam is a free service that depends on ads but this is a new and hostile tactic for this site that makes me question what else they may be doing to us, such as installing malware in our systems without our knowledge.

Just thought I'd pass this info along.

nautilus
March 5th, 2013, 18:14
I am having trouble viewing pics posted in imagebam even on my firefox browser. 1 out of 20 images open.

Is there any trick I am missing?

I can view all the pics posted on imgbox, like the recent ones posted by wm.

phoneman
March 6th, 2013, 01:29
I had problems with IE 8

TheWolfe
March 6th, 2013, 06:41
These days I do all of my online L&C stuff on my phone. I wound up reporting them to Google for violation of Google Play TOS by using an aggressive browser hijacker to artificially inflate hits, making the game they're selling appear more popular than it actually is. I was pleasantly surprised a couple of days later when the hijacking stopped! Maybe it was just a coincidence. Now Imagebam is just slow and I get a lot of failed downloads on pics I try to save.

Imagebox has a different quirk. When I click to view a pic, it's on my screen for maybe two or three seconds before another pic in the set starts loading as if I'm watching a slide show. This will continue if I let it until it runs out of photos. At least it's easy enough to click the back button and save the pics, which never fail to save.

All of these problems are relatively recent developments that indicate to me that those sites are adding more scripts to their pages to harvest more information from our browsers. Selling that info covers their expenses while we use their sites for free.

dendrin
March 6th, 2013, 22:37
These days I do all of my online L&C stuff on my phone. I wound up reporting them to Google for violation of Google Play TOS by using an aggressive browser hijacker to artificially inflate hits, making the game they're selling appear more popular than it actually is. I was pleasantly surprised a couple of days later when the hijacking stopped! Maybe it was just a coincidence. Now Imagebam is just slow and I get a lot of failed downloads on pics I try to save.

Imagebox has a different quirk. When I click to view a pic, it's on my screen for maybe two or three seconds before another pic in the set starts loading as if I'm watching a slide show. This will continue if I let it until it runs out of photos. At least it's easy enough to click the back button and save the pics, which never fail to save.

All of these problems are relatively recent developments that indicate to me that those sites are adding more scripts to their pages to harvest more information from our browsers. Selling that info covers their expenses while we use their sites for free.

That and more shady developers are making malware for phone operating systems nowadays with so many users. I suspect Android will continue to be the most at risk and easiest to hack since its open source.

Chaza
March 8th, 2013, 01:35
That and more shady developers are making malware for phone operating systems nowadays with so many users. I suspect Android will continue to be the most at risk and easiest to hack since its open source.

Sadly I can confirm this. I am studying ethical hacking at university and the amount of android exploits developed are unreal.

However Google aren't slouches at patching these though so reporting is your friend!

In terms of apps, Google use an automated checking facility which i believe scans through an app submitted to the play store. However the apps DO NOT go through a manual checking phase (as implemented by apple).

But hey the pros and cons of being open source XD.

The ironic thing is "non smart phones" are run on a much more closed off platform