PDA

View Full Version : How to date a tall chick

phoneman
September 30th, 2009, 23:53
I just read an article that some of you might find of interest. The title is as above, How To Date A Tall Chick. It is written by a woman who is 6'1" tall.

Here is the URL

http://www.thefrisky.com/post/246-how-to-date-a-tall-chick/

In case it is removed, here is the article

How To Date A Tall Chick

Posted by: Susannah Breslin

I?m tall. I mean, I?m really tall. And I don?t mean 5?10? tall. I?m 6?1?. That?s ridiculously tall. Kermit the Frog once said: ?It?s not easy being green.? Well, it?s not easy being a tall woman, either. Among the more common pickup lines we tall ladies hear: ?Do you play basketball?? (No.) ?What?s the weather like up there?? (Icy.) ?I?d like to climb you.? (Really, I?d rather you wouldn?t.) While some women think being tall is something worth writing a book about, other women perceive it to be a disability equivalent to a clubfoot. Mostly, it?s a blessing and a curse. I can reach the highest shelves, but I?ll never blend into the crowd. Dating? That?s a whole other story. For guys who admire amazons, here?s how to bag a tall chick.

1. Stay Away from the Cheesy Lines. Speaking on behalf of tall women everywhere, I would like to deliver this breaking news: We know we?re tall. ?Gee, you?re tall,? ?How tall are you?? and ?Do you play basketball/volleyball?? will not endear you to us. We live every day in these elongated bodies. Consequently, some of us suffer from Tall Girl Syndrome. We love our height, but we may be ambivalent about it, too. Standing head-and-shoulders above the rest doesn?t always feel so, well, girly. Hit on us about anything other than our height?our brains, our beauty, out favorite books?and leave the tall talk for Turk.

2. Get Over It. Maybe you?ve never gone out with a tall woman. Maybe you?re a little intimidated. Maybe she?s taller than you. When dating a tall woman, operate under this premise: She?s fine with the fact that she?s tall. Let it be fine for you. Unless we hail from Amazonia, intimidating the crap out of men is not our favorite past-time. If you feel intimidated, that?s on you. Relax! Get over it! Forget about it! Most vertically-endowed women don?t care how tall you are. They care what kind of man you are. Let her know who you are, and she may fall for you.

3. Treat Her Like a Lady. We can look Chad Ochocinco in the eye, but we?re like every other woman on the inside, so treat us accordingly. Do: hold my hand, tell me I look hot, put your arm around me. Don?t: ask me to hold my hand up to yours and exclaim over how big mine is, wonder out loud what size shoe I wear, request to breed a basketball team with me. My height does not my character make. I?d rather you open the door for me, send me flowers, or walk on the proper side of the sidewalk (the outside) than make me feel like a ... freak. As kids, tall girls get teased for their stature. Not everyone was 5?10? in the eighth grade, you know. If you love our height, let us know! But don?t make a spectacle out of it. We?ll love you for it.

4. We?re All the Same Height in Bed. Honestly, I don?t totally get why men get so flummoxed about wooing skyscraper-sized women. Sometimes, I wonder if it?s sexual anxiety?are men worried they won?t ?measure up? in the bedroom? We know we?re all the same height when it comes to sex. In terms of anatomy, the parts generally work themselves out. In all likelihood, I won?t end up marrying a midget, but, for the most part, height is no big deal when you?re doing the horizontal mambo.

5. And If You?re Worried About What Other People Think ... You pick her up for a date. In stilettos, she?s waaay taller than you. Gulp. What will your buddies think when you roll into the party with a woman who towers above you? When other guys see a guy with a woman who?s taller than he is, they assume one of two things: A) He has a lot of money, or B) He has a huge penis. Bagging a six-footer is big-game hunting. If you land one, everyone will assume you?re a baller. Now, get out there, and find yourself a tall woman. I bet she?s waiting for you?with her heels on.

Vodevil
October 1st, 2009, 19:39
Why its such a big deal if the girl is taller than me? I just can?t understand it. :confused1:

phoneman
October 2nd, 2009, 00:35
Why its such a big deal if the girl is taller than me? I just can?t understand it. :confused1:

That is exactly the point of what the woman wrote. She says that it should not be a big deal, but it often is. She agrees with you

tallgirlfan
December 14th, 2009, 08:15

Of course i would think the same but it really depends on how you feel and how the other person feels about their "height" the funny thing is there should be more taller girls going out with shorter guys(who don't care about how tall she is) since most tall guys go out with girls shorter that them.

rickishi
December 14th, 2009, 13:52
Girls are all the same dude , you just either need to be

1. Good looking

2. The one who can stuff her already big ego

3. Rich

4. Stimulate her sexually

you have any other ways , then forget it

The Lifted One
December 14th, 2009, 16:41
:laugh: hahaha...as if it's that easy! :laugh:

At least she's looking at the positives and trying to be encouraging, but most girls, the vast majority, do not want a guy that's shorter than they are. :crying:

dendrin
December 14th, 2009, 23:22
Girls are all the same dude , you just either need to be

1. Good looking

2. The one who can stuff her already big ego

3. Rich

4. Stimulate her sexually

you have any other ways , then forget it

And would you like a girl if she didn't have any of those qualities herself? I think not

rickishi
December 16th, 2009, 13:55
And would you like a girl if she didn't have any of those qualities herself? I think not

Exactly , and if you try to work around with some other things , it is bound to fail

mark.johnson21
May 8th, 2010, 04:51
I have to agree with Susannah as I can see her entire point from the perspective of being a 5'4 man, and I think there is a certain similarity between short men and tall women in that they're not common. And she's especially right that height doesn't matter in bed.

If a girl wants to hit on me, reminding me that I'm short is the first thing that'll turn me off (unless she's telling me she finds short guys attractive). No short man likes being reminded that he looks less manly than most others. It's hard enough that everybody seems to looks down at you constantly - and because you're small, they treat you with less respect because they don't fear you (not to mention, if you're short most girls don't find you attractive).

In contrast, the same is probably true for tall women. They realize that most guys don't want to date someone taller - just as most women don't want to date guys who are shorter. The former because it's intimidating, and the latter because women typically want to look up to their man instead of down at him - might have something to do with the whole "being protected" thing.

I definitely understand the intimidation in men dating taller women - mostly that you're constantly being looked down at, and secondly that no matter where you go, everybody who looks at you instantly makes both of you feel awkward. You feel like everybody is talking about you behind your back all the time.

While tall girls are inherently not my type, I have gone after a few. I met the girls while sitting down and just getting to know them socially. When you're sitting down, you're at eye level which gets rid of the height problem - good tip to remember, don't you think?

As most girls claim that personality is the main thing - if you charm her while sitting down, she's likely not going to care how tall you are when you stand up. And if she does care, then no matter what, you had no chance to begin with, so move on instead of moping that another girl rejected you.

I think confidence is just showing the girl you're not afraid of her in the slightest - not afraid of rejection, not afraid of not meeting her expectations, and not afraid of her height. If you can acquire that attitude (getting laid will do that), then theoretically you should be good. Even if you get rejected, confidence makes you not even care usually.

phoneman
May 8th, 2010, 18:41
About a thousand years ago - say 1966 or 1967 - I dated a slightly taller girl in college. I was about 5'8" and she was 5'10", or a little bit more.

She was drop dead beautiful. Great face, perfect body, etc. No, I have no clue why she went out with me, except that she was nuts. When we walked into a place with a bunch of college guys, every eyeball in the place immediately fixated on her.

I also think that she was very strong, but never found out. She once told me that she could take any guy her size. Unless she was a martial arts expert, she wsa telling me that she was very strong. Of course, in those days, no guy would ask a girl to pick him up. I did not push the conversation, big mistake, and that was the only time it came up.

She definitely viewed me as a friend, not a serious romantic interest. While we were still "dating", she asked me if I could fix her up with a guy that I knew who was a 6'8" starter on the basketball team.

Clearly she wanted to date a guy much larger than she was.

Slevin
May 25th, 2010, 00:44
Ok, so taller chicks.

Some of you people who are 5'6" or 5'4" really have kind of an advantage over the taller folks, and what I mean is that a tall woman will seem more like a giant to you then say someone of average height,.

I will use me, since I am quite average at about 5'9" (69 inches ). Comparing a 6'0 (72 inch) female with a 5'4" (64 inch male), using simple math, I can show how tall of a girl I would need to have that same affect.
72/64 x 69 = 77.6 inches.... So I would need a 6'5" or 6'6" female to feel dwarfed to the same affect as a 5'4" would feel by a 6'0". And I am sure I could find girls that tall, but..

...we know there are quite a bit of 6'4" girls out there, so this is what I would need to feel like a 5'4" guy against her:
76/64 x 69 = 81.9 inches....So I would need a female who is 6'10" to feel the same, which you probably will never encounter a girl that tall, and if you do, what are the chances of her looking half-way attractive?

Finally, ever see the vid of the midget wrestling with Mile High? I don't know how tall he is, but for kicks, let's be generous and say he is about 4'0" (and she is 6'3" i believe??)
75/48 x 69 = 107.8 inches...So I would need a 9'0" female...totally impossible, but it is possible when you are a midget and you have many 6'3" girls to choose from to feel like you are being dominated by a 9'0" giant female.

So although being short has many disadvantages, it does have it's perks. I'm into l/c from many types of women, and sometimes I enjoy a taller woman doing it, so if I could wrestle with a 9'0" hot chick, I would probably enjoy that.

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/8013/kjvp8t1269576571.gif (http://img143.imageshack.us/i/kjvp8t1269576571.gif/)

(I filled it in, so don't sweat it phoneman)

phoneman
May 25th, 2010, 02:04
(to be filled in later)

:hmm::confused1::confused1::confused1::confused1:

johnp
May 29th, 2010, 10:16
Some years ago I had the opportunity to go out with a taller girl and I blew it.

When I was at University, I got a summer job at a horticultural research centre. When I was introduced to the staff I would be working with, the only one in my age group was a female trainee biologist. I was 5ft 7ins tall and quite slim at that time. She was about 2ins taller than me and looked fit and strong. (I discovered later that she was a competitive swimmer). I found her very attractive, but felt a bit intimidated by her, so I kept my distance.

However every time our paths crossed, she seemed very keen to chat to me. Then one day she saw me struggling to move some heavy boxes and helped me out. The fact that she was obviously stronger than me turned me on even more. We then started sitting together at meal breaks and we got on really well. However I assumed she was just being friendly and I did not risk making any advances.

One evening a few of us went for a drink after work. She stayed on with me after the others left, and with the looks she gave me and the hints she made, it appeared that she wanted to go out with me. Then a few days later she said she wanted to ask me something. We went somewhere private and she asked me if I would like to go with her to a dinner and dance. My initial feeling of excitement was immediately followed by a feeling of dread as I conjured up a picture of her in high heels towering over me and people staring at us. I panicked and made a bumbling excuse saying I could not make it. I could see straight away that she was hurt and embarrassed by my reaction.

After that she stayed away from me for the rest of the time I worked there. I kept trying to find the right moment to ask her out for a drink to mend our friendship and try to take our relationship forward. But due to a lack of courage and a lingering fear of being embarrassed to be seen by my mates and family with a taller girlfriend, I never got round to it.

Years later I still reget it, because I would loved to have had a physical relationship with her!

tallgirlfan
June 15th, 2010, 09:12
About a thousand years ago - say 1966 or 1967 - I dated a slightly taller girl in college. I was about 5'8" and she was 5'10", or a little bit more.
No, I have no clue why she went out with me, except that she was nuts.
She definitely viewed me as a friend, not a serious romantic interest. While we were still "dating", she asked me if I could fix her up with a guy that I knew who was a 6'8" starter on the basketball team.

Clearly she wanted to date a guy much larger than she was.

I feel for you man. Putting these events together, it seems she may not have been interested in the start. She may have wanted to use you to get that taller guy. Sometimes you can meet women like that and they are not worth your time. However, If you showed any sort of nervousness around her because she was taller or mentioned her height she may have picked that up and been turned off by it.

mansell3000
June 18th, 2010, 19:59
I once had a 2 year relationship with a girl who was exactly the same height as my 5ft 7ins. She was into tennis and swimming. and had broad shoulders, strong arms and legs. After we had been going out for a few months we were invited to a formal dinner and dance, and we had to get dressed up. When I went to collect her she had no shoes on and was wearing a revealing dress which showed off her powerful build.

She then stepped into a pair of high heels which made her 2-3 inches taller than me. She found this amusing and came up to me and said "Hi shorty". This made me feel slightly intimidated but highly aroused. I put my arms round her neck to kiss her. She was again amused that that I had to go on tip toes for our lips to meet. She then made my day by lifting me in a front straddle for a long and passionate kiss.

After that I loved it every time she wore high heels, because I always got the lift and kiss.

phoneman
June 19th, 2010, 00:45
I feel for you man. Putting these events together, it seems she may not have been interested in the start. She may have wanted to use you to get that taller guy. Sometimes you can meet women like that and they are not worth your time. However, If you showed any sort of nervousness around her because she was taller or mentioned her height she may have picked that up and been turned off by it.

No, I was not nervous in the slightest. Honestly I did not even mind that she was nuts. I had a good time, it was fun while it lasted and I had no long term intentions with her. If she used me to meet some other guy, I used her because she was so damn beautiful. Seems like a fair deal to me.

He I was an average horny 20 year old college student hanging out with a drop dead hot 19 or 20 year old girl. Totally reasonable to me.

She was also definitely the best looking woman that I ever dated.